header

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blood and Lunar Flowers (closed)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Blood and Lunar Flowers (closed) on Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:33 pm

alfabrena

Admin
Wolf's Rain fanfic between me and inomay this is placed here till it is complete and will then be moved to unrealistic story will begin shortly for now meet the new Paradise seekers

name: Kichi meaning 'fortunate' or 'lucky'
appearance (wolf form): light gray with darker gray snip between eyes markings around eyes and spotting on left fore shoulder down to 'ankle' yellow eyes

appearance (human form): left eye blue right eye hazel abundant russet hair halfway down back some in high pony tail tightish light blue shirt with gold trim black 'trench' coat reaching down to just above the ankles and baggy black pants

Persona
Kichi is typically happy and smiling and cracking jokes and teasing others but she IS an alpha. shes not very strict but she is EXTREMELY protective shes a great listener and good advice giver she likes to help wherever and whenever she can but mess with her pack and your screwed.

History
born in a pack that lived as humans deep in the mountains to the pack alphas with 2 brothers. as child of pack alphas taught to fight from youngish age. when she turned 17 out hunting she met Tozo and became a dispersal from her pack to start her own pack.
(more revealed as story plays out)

And burn in our fire so we may reclaim what is rightly ours;
Earth and your service.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1887263/Alfabrena

2 Re: Blood and Lunar Flowers (closed) on Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:15 pm

inomay

Admin
Name: Blaze. Named after her black red coat and her fire colored eyes.
Age 20

Aperence
Wolf

Human Aperance

Personality

Blaze lives up to her name. from her flame eyes and red tinted black pelt, to her fiery personality. She is Gruff, easily pissed off and is the first to jump into a fight. She hides behind sarcasm and snaky remarks. But she also has a soft side. She is Vary loyal, and protective. She also has one major flaw. if she is around too much blood, she sometimes gets lost in her blood lust, though she tries hard to control it, there are times she just loses it.

History
She was born in the dry mountains on the main land. Growing up next to and among humans she has learned to hide herself well. But as she got older she felt as if something was pulling her east. She traveld for years as fast as she possibly could. She feels she is close to the thing that is pulling her, she just can's seem to find it.

"Shippo, your village just called. They said they were looking for their idiot." -inuyasha

twinkle twinkle little star
i want to hit you with a car
throw you off a tree so high
hope you brake your neck and die

3 Chapter 1 Scars of Wilderness on Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:05 am

alfabrena

Admin
Chapter 1 Scars of Wilderness

"Will you two quit your wining already its only been three stupid days," Tsume cut in on Toboe and Hidge.
"Yeah but if we hadn't left the city we'd have something to eat right now," Toboe pointed out.
"We can last a lot longer if we bask in the moonlight," Kiba suddenly spoke up. "I traveled a full month once. When I did that."
"Did you say a month?" Hidge sat up strait.
"It should stop snowing anytime now," Kiba went on ignoring Hidge. "Once it does and night drawls closer the moon will be out."
A wolf's howl rang clear even through the falling snow. All four straitened slightly, looking out into the wasteland from the cave.
"The song of loss," Kiba said and he took off into the snow toward the howl.
"Hey!"
"Kiba!"
"Wait up!"
The other three chased after him.
The song went on and on leading them but then faded and was gone.
"Maybe they died themselves," Tsume said.
"Tsume!"
Kiba kept running and the others followed. After a time they came to the sight of a massacre. Bodies of wolves torn and burned now being buried in snow lay everywhere.
"Damn," Tsume cursed.
"They're - all dead," Toboe whimpered backing slightly, head and tail low, ears pinned.
Kiba had locked his eyes onto something. "Not all," he said moving forward.
A light gray wolf got very ungracefully to her paws growling in warning. She was covered in wounds and had likely already lost nearly half of her blood yet she stood and threatened them. Kiba stayed silent as he watched the gray female, near death herself, protect her pack all though her whole pack lay dead around her. When the female charged and Tsume made a move to meet her Kiba stepped before him. Looking into her eyes he saw pain, anguish, but a fierce fire of protection. He nodded, "We are leaving alpha Kichi," he said and turned away.
The others followed though Hidge and Toboe hesitantly.
"We're not just going to leave her are we Kiba?" Toboe asked.
"She's practically dead herself," Tsume scoffed.
"No, were not Toboe," Kiba answered. He continued after Tsume's snort, "We will wait for her to feint-"
The female began to howl again making the four halt and turn to look. Quickly the song faded and they watched as the gray swayed and collapsed.
Kiba ran back to her turning into human. He layed a hand on her head then picked her up.

~The newly formed, still small, pack traveled at a quick walk through the snow lead by an exceptionally proud looking gray female. She had done it. She and her mate had found pack members and now they just needed a territory all their own then at last they would be able to start a family. Tozo a black or as Kichi saw it a twilight colored male came up beside the gray rubbing his face against hers.
"Soon Kichi," he said eyes glittering as he looked at her.
"Yes," the gray she wolf replied. She liked his cheek, "Very soon."
Suddenly a high pitched sound made the hole pack halt, pinning their ears at the penetrating sound.
"What is that?" cried out the youngest member of the pack.
Kichi and Tozo looked up to the sky with worry and fear. "Nobles! A noble ship! Run!" cried the two alphas spinning around and chasing their pack before them. Kichi sprinted ahead through the pack snapping at tails and heels to speed members up and took point leading them.
*dadadadadadadadadadadadadadada!!!!!*
the ship had spotted them and was firing. small craters were formed as bullets hit ground. screaming yelps could be heard from those behind. Kichi looked back with wide frightened yellow eyes. 'No! NO!' her mind screamed. *dadadadadadadadadadadadada!!*
Kichi lost sight of Tozo. She skidded to a halt, turning around to see him on the ground trying to stand. "Tozo!!!!" She began to sprint back to him.
"Run Kichi!" he howled at her, blood turning the churned up snow red. "RUN!" He collapsed.
"Come alpha!" another female said pushing Kichi to keep running.
The gray took point again desperately trying to find cover for her pack.
*FUMPH!*
The pack was hit by come kind of canon like weapon. Ground and crying bodies flew up and out.

Kichi's eyes slowly opened and she became aware of an intense pain all over her body. Slowly, very slowly she began to stand but when she did the sight around her made her wish the darkness had kept her. "No!" she cried running to the closest body. "Ariya!" she called nudging the body with her muzzle. Snow piled on the beautiful sunsety coat of her friend. "No!" Kichi gasped closing her eyes, shaking her head and backing away.
Slowly and unsteadily limping heavily the gray moved among the bodies of her fallen pack members calling names to each. Her eyes fell upon a twilight pelt half hidden by white snow. "Tozo!" She sprinted to her mates side and began to nudge and lick him calling to him begging him to wake up. "We have a family to start Tozo. We have a pack to help us protect them we just need territory. Come Tozo please." Her mate gave no response. She couldn't hear his heart beat or his breath, the sounds that had so often lulled her to sleep at night, silenced. "No. No. Please. Please Tozo. Tozoooo!!" the ending of his name turned into a song of breath taking heart ache. Kichi howled and howled singing for her slaughtered pack and fallen mate.
At last the songs ended and Kichi lay beside her mate pushing her nose into his cold pelt.

'Strangers!' Kichi stumbled to her paws nearly falling over weak from loss of blood and heart ache, growling. Four strange wolves appeared through the snow. "Keep away!" she growled standing over Tozo protectively. "I am alpha Kichi stay away! Leave now or die strangers!"
"You would - kill us?" asked a young pup of a boy.
"I will kill and be killed to protect my pack!" Kichi snapped. She charged at the four. "Leave!"
A dark colored wolf with a scar on his chest moved as though to fight but a white male stepped before him. He stood for a moment looking at Kichi.
"We are leaving alpha Kichi," the white said turning. The other four followed.
Kichi watched them till she was sure they could not surprise her with a sudden attach and limped back to Tozo. "Tozo," she whimpered nuzzling the now stiff body. "My dear Tozo." Kichi howled her pain. The song faded and Kichi fell to the ground.~

Kichi woke in a cave the snow falling outside.
"Oh! Hey, guys, she's awake!" called a pups voice.
Her nose picked up the scent of the four strangers. "What do you think you're doing!" she growled jerking into a more upright position glaring at them all. "Where is my pack! Tozo will skin you for taking me!"
"Your pack's dead."
"Tsume!"
Kichi's eyes snapped wide.
"Well that was real tactful Tsume."
"Shut up pig. It might be harsh but she's gotta learn to deal with the fact that her pack is gone."
The memory of the attack made Kichi shiver with pain, fear, loss, and guilt. It was her duty to protect her pack and she had failed.
"What happened?"
Her head snapped around to look at the white wolf. "We were looking for land when we heard Noble ships-"
"Nobles!" the scarred one growled.
Kichi nodded. "To-" she chocked on his name. "Tozo and i tried to - but - there was no cover we -" Kichi wined and layed her head on her paws.
The cave was silent for a time.
"You have been asleep for two days," the white one said. "We are searching for Paradise."
Kichis eyes widened with a snap her head lifting. "Paradise? The wolven paradise of lunar flowers?"
"You've heard of it?"
She turned to look at the youth. "Of course i have little one. What wolf hasn't?"
"You are welcome to join us."
Everything went deadly silent as everyone looked at the white wolf.
"What the hell Kiba - !?"
"Well?" the white said over the scarred one.
Kichi paused. "May I know your names first?"
"I am Kiba. These are Tsume, Hidge and Toboe."
Tsume snorted at his name while the last two wagged their tails and said hello.
"I am Kichi," she said dipping her head. "I thank you for helping me though in a way I wish you hadn't." Kichi lowered her head looking at her paws. She had heard many stories of paradise and knew that it was a dangerous journey. 'I have no where else to go. Home is to far away and i am dispersal,' she thought. 'I am already dead. A wolf should not be alone.' She looked up directly into Kiba's eyes. 'I am not dead so my duty here is not yet done.' She nodded slightly. "I will come."
"Will you be able to travel tomorrow?" Kiba asked.
Kichi nodded. "I believe so."
"Good, rest then."

Last edited by alfabrena on Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:55 pm; edited 3 times in total

Earth and your service.

4 Chapter 1 Scars of Wilderness on Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:15 am

inomay

Admin
The city was not only falling apart but apparently, so was everyone in it. The past few days a group of thieves lead by a white haired man had been really pissing the nobles off. There was also talk of a strange man and his dog attacking what he called a 'Wolf'.
The blonde turned her head when she herd an explosion off in the distance. There was a proverbial witch hunt going on for wolves, after the old mans antics. Of coarse the blonde in the goggles already knew that the witch they were hunting was very real.
She started heading towards the city exit. As the sun set she pulled her jacket closer to her, and tucked her bandaged covered hands in her pockets. As she drew closer there were flashing lights. Something must have spooked the humans bad to get their heckles up like this.
She knew she was getting nowhere in her human guise, so she quickly darted into a dark back ally. Shifting into her wolf form she peeked around the corner. Men in armor where standing around with what looked like shields.
'Wolf hunters' the black she-wolf thought to herself. Knowing her red black coat would stick out too much in the snot she dug into the nearest snow drift. Rowling in it, she covered herself in show. You could still tell she was a black wolf, but it gave her some time to sneek past before anyone noticed.
Her opportunity came when most of the people cleared out. There was still a man with brown hair and a women with a blonde pony tail standing around, but the wolf had no fear of them. Quickly she darted past them before they could turn to see her. As she ran further away from the city the darker it became. The wolf loved the pitch darkness. Something about it frightened her and yet thrilled her. As she ran she noted that there where more wolf tracks to her right. 'So those are the idiots that freaked out the humans.'

She was still out in the snow when she herd the ship. As quickly as she could she dived into a snow drift and dug down. If she dug deep enough they could not detect her. She had long suspected that the humans were like snakes. They could see the body heat of their pray, so to avoid that she covered herself in 3 feet of snow. Nestled in her little cave she quietly listened.
*dadadadadadadadadada!*
'Shit! Looks like the poor bastards where finally caught.' She did not know how long she layed there before the shooting stopped. Deciding that her little cave was warm, the black wolf curled up and drifted off to sleep.

The fallowing morning she dug her way out of the now 4 feet of snow. Shaking herself off she started out at a quick trot. She hadn't gone too far when she stumbled upon a scene that made her blood run colder then the snow. Wolves lay strung everywhere. All very frozen and very dead. She bowed her head and dropped her tail. As saddened as she was she did not linger long, nor did she howl. She had not made it this far just to be shot down over already dead wolves. She picked up her pace again and started off.
As she broke into an easy lope something caught her attention again. Paw prints. Stopping to sniff them she realized that they where the same wolves from the city. 'So the other wolves died because of the stupidity of a few wolves that stirred up the humans... Bastards' Growling angrily she fallowed the tracks. She may not kill them but she would ream them for their carelessness. After all, there where not many of them left. A wolf will willingly give its life for its pack, but that dose not mean that they should throw life away ether.
The sound of a ship sent her diving back into another snow bank. The ships seemed to keep coming. The air wasn't clear of their foul sound until after sundown so she decided to just stay put.

The next morning the paw prints shed been following had vanished after the nights storm so she just followed their general direction.
The sun was setting and was starting on work of a nest when a loud metallic clanking sound was heard not to far off. Sprinting to see what was happening she did not see the bullet coming at her. Narrowly missing her the bullet hit a nearby bolder shattering it like glass. Yelping she jumped sideways. In the distance there was still clanking and shooting sounds. As she listened she could also hear snapping and yelping. 'The wolves!' She continued cautiously to where the fighting was happening. She arrived in time to see the robot and the wolves go over the sheer drop.
There was blood on the ground. She started to tremble. The blood was fresh. It smelled of fear and life. The victim was still alive. She could not restrain herself any longer. She charged after them. She jumped the cliff and landed on the now fast moving robot on the way down. It was chasing the wolves, completely unaware of the one currently on its back. She started gnawing on the metal trying to open it up. Before she could however, above the clanking she heard a howl and a white wolf jumped onto it and ripped it open like it was the flesh of a young deer. That sobered her up right quick.
As the metal monstrosity came to a crashing halt the she-wolf jumped down and took the wolves in. Before her stood a russet colored pup, a fat brown wolf with a collar on, a wounded gray on light gray wolf, and a sullen gray she-wolf. To her right was the white wolf that had destroyed the monster.
'So these are the wolves from the city.' Her eyes traveled to the sullen wolf 'I think she was from the dead pack though. I remember only 4 sets of tracks leaving the city.' She turned her attention back to the wolves in front her her and tilted her head.
"Are you the idiots who started the humans on a killing spree?” she barked.
“Who are you calling idiots?” barked the one with the collar.
“Shut up pig,” snapped the injured gray. “Who the hell are you, and how is it our fault that the humans are being stupid?” he snarled angrily.
“Tsume.” The white wolf calmly looked over to the black she-wolf.
“Why do you blame us?” he asked with a steady gaze.
She leveled him with a glare before responding, “You smell like forest. I can assume that it was you that crazy old man shot.” He just continued to look at her.
“Well what ever the hell you did don't make a habit of it. Let them think we are all dead.” Turning to leave she was stopped by a voice;
“Please don't go! You can come with us, right Kiba?” came the voice of the pup. She turned to look at him, then she looked at the others again.
“Why the hell are you guys out here anyway?”
“Why are you out here?” his golden eyes bore into her soul. Something about the white wolf was a little off to her.
“Something is pulling me. I smell lunar flowers. I guess I need to find them...”
"Then come with us to Paradise.”
She thought about it. The overwhelming feeling she had driving her forward for so long, seemed to lessen.
“Ok.”

"Shippo, your village just called. They said they were looking for their idiot." -inuyasha

5 Chapter 1 Scars of Wilderness on Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:01 pm

alfabrena

Admin
The gray female was the first awake the next morning. Kichi stiffly got to her paws, grimacing. Three days since the attach and her wounds were healing nicely. She was still a little wosey but that was to be expected after losing so much blood and sleeping for two days. Kichi looked around at the four males and started. They were all in human form. Kichi had been born as a wolf but she had grown up human. It had been over a year however since she had reverted to the guise.
Carefully and silently she stepped over legs and around heads and stood in the entrance to the cave gazing out, sniffing at the air. Kichi wanted to thank this pack for helping her and though she'd said thank you words in a pack were next to nothing. It was actions that spoke volumes.
Kichi looked back at the four then trotted out into the crisp air, sniffing. She paused for a moment catching a faint scent. She shook out her fur and started to stalk forward. The scent grew stronger. She peered around a snow bank and spotted a lone deer. The thing was already near death, an easy catch. There wasn’t much meat on the thing but it was the only food for miles and as Tozo used to say ‘eat what you can when you can’. Kichi crawled forward on her belly freezing when the deer stopped in its staggering gate to look around. Once she was close she sprang into action leaping after the pray. Her wounds slowed her considerably but as she thought the pray was weak from starvation. Kichi bit one of its back legs, tripping it. She leaped over its back end onto its back and bit down on its neck. It kicked out but Kichi jerked her head breaking its neck. Holding onto it for a moment more to make sure she released and softly thanked the earth for the gift and the deer for giving its life to sustain others.
Being the one to take it down Kichi opened the deer and ate the heart and liver. After that she stepped back licking her chops and howled to the others. Kichi sat silently looking up at the sky as she waited. There was a short answering howl and 5 or so minutes later the four came into sight.
“wow!” Hidge said happily kneeling by the deer, his eyes bright.
Kichi bowed her head to them all. “My gift to the pack as a thank you. Does the pack like my gift and accept?”
“Do we!” Hidge exclaimed. He was about to tear into the deer when Kiba stopped him.
Kichi looked silently up into the blue human eyes.
“Hidge this is her kill she should be first,” Kiba finally said.
Kichi smiled. “I have taken my killing share. Eat what you will. The pray is yours.”
Kiba dipped his head to her. “Your gift is thankfully received Kichi.”
She bowed her head and backed farther away to give them room. Though it stabbed at her pride she had to accept she was no longer an alpha and needed to behave as such. Kichi couldn’t help but smile with pleasure as the males tore into her gift.
Kiba soon turned away from the pray however holding strips of belly meat and padded over to her. Kichi blinked in surprise at him as he lay the strips before her. He lifted his head, looked at her for a moment then turned and went back to the carcass. Belly meat was the best on a kill and therefore was for the alphas. Kichi was shocked that Kiba had given some of it to her but Kichi had a saying just as Tozo had; never turn down a gift. So Kichi delicately snapped up the strips eyes on Kiba. Actions do speak volumes.
With four males the scrawny deer didn’t last long. Hidge sighed and fell backwards to lay on his back one arm under his head the other hand on his stomach. “Good thing you’re sticking around Kichi,” he said.
Kichi just smiled. She stood and stretched grimacing as her muscles twanged and the wounds pulled. She turned to lick gently at a wound on her shoulder massaging the ache away. It wasn’t until Tsume stormed off that Kichi turned to pay close attention. Watching to see what the totem pole in this pack was, how everyone reacted to each other and treated each other.
“Tsume! Come on don’t leave now we've finally made some friends,” Toboe called after him.
“Play with your buddies all you want I'm outta here,” Tsume barked back.
Kichi stood one paw raised and looked over at the other three not sure what should be done now. A wolf should not be alone. It wasn’t safe. It wasn't right.
“If you ask me the only one acting like a kid around here is him,” Hidge said.
“Don’t say that,” Toboe said softly. “I like Tsume he's really nice.”
Kichi watched Kiba as he looked at Toboe with a strange expression in his eyes.
Toboe turned to Kiba. “Just wait here I'm going to go get him,” he said and set out after Tsume.
Kichi’s eyes followed Toboe and stepped to follow.
“No Kichi.”
Kichi froze and looked over to Kiba. “We will wait.” Kichi nodded and sat back down curling her tail over her front paws.
“If I may ask,” Kichi began, “why are you all in human guise when there is no one around other then our kind?” she looked over at the two.
“We're still close to one of the human cities,” Hidge answered. “In human form the humans leave us alone. If your pack had been traveling as humans the nobles wouldn’t have attacked.”
“Hidge,” Kiba warned.
Kichi winced as though she had been stabbed. “We wanted to move quickly,” she said softly head hanging. “You can't seem to get anywhere on just two legs. We didn’t realize we were close to a human city.”

After a time they moved on. Tsume and Toboe still hadn’t shown up as the sunset and a full moon rose. Kiba, Hidge, ad Kichi stopped at a large crumbling building where they got onto the roof of to bask in the moonlight.
“You know Kichi,” Kichi lifted her head to look around at Hidge, “we're completely exposed up here. I might be smarter to look human in case a ship goes over.”
Kichi blinked. “Yes of course. I'm sorry I should have thought of that. I – I guess my brains just a bit rattled.” After all of the polite political proper manners back when she presented the deer as a gift she didn’t have any left.
“That’s to be expected,” Kiba said.
Kichi nodded and sat up lifting a paw and looking at it. “It's been a long time since I turned human.” She slid her tongue in and out then closed her eyes and relaxed. Next thing she knew she was crouched on two feet balancing with a hand, the other forearm laying on a knee. She blinked open bi colored eyes.
“You did it!”
Kichi unsteadily looked over at Hidge whom she noticed reacted to her different colored eyes. She lifted a hand to look at long slender fingers. “Yeah……I guess I did….” She said stumbling over the words not used to speaking out loud. She shook her head making her abundant russet hair fly. “Woop!” the movement made her loose her balance on the heavy slant and she tumbled backwards.
“Kichi!”
She caught herself, one foot back farther than the other, down on her hands. “I'm alright!” she called to the two males before they could jump after her. “Just not used to two feet.” After a moment she stood upright and holding her arms out for balance she walked back up to the boys. She sat and lay on her back next to Kiba. “This is going to take some getting used to.”
They were silent for a time till Hidge spoke up. “You know I was thinking we should go ahead and ditch that guy. I mean it’s not like he has to tag along with us or anything. It was just happenstance that through us together and they just ended up with us is all.”
“The same goes for you,” Kiba said. “And for Kichi.”
“Hey don’t get me wrong I like Kichi,” Hidge said smiling over Kiba at Kichi. “I don’t know, that Tsume guys been giving me a real dangerous vibe.”
“He’s just different from us is all,” Kiba said. “He's always had someone else to blame. It's pretty darn lucky if you ask me. Give him a break he’ll come around.”
Hidge sat up looking down at him, “Ok so what the hell is up with you anyway? I mean your always talking like you got an answer for just about everything. What happened to you before all of this?”
Kichi looked over at Kiba.
“Not much,” he answered. “Not much at all.”
Kichi was very confused. Kiba seemed to be the alpha but they all interacted so.....so familiarly. How Hidge had just spoken to Kiba, if he had spoken like that to an alpha in any other true pack he would have been violently put back into his place, and that was if he was lucky.
Soon after they were on the move again but Kichi got a sudden uneasy feeling and stopped.
“Kichi?”
She looked up at Kiba then lifted her nose to the air. “Do you smell that?” she asked softly.
His eyes said he did and he took a step but his foot hit something metallic. Hidge and Kichi crowded around to see what it was as Kiba knelt.
“Hmm, maybe there used to be a military base around here,” Hidge suggested at the sight of the red sign.
Kiba and Kichi looked at each other than both turned around and started heading back the way they had come from.
“Hey Kichi, Kiba, wait.”
Both kept going not pausing or looking back. In a moment Hidge was with them.
“Not again.”
“What's that Kichi?”
“It can't happen again……It can't!” Kichi leaped forward, turning into a wolf, and took off.
“Hey!”
In a moment Kiba came up on her right while Hidge lagged slightly behind on her left. The sound of bullets far off and barely audible made Kichi slide to a stop with a gasp. The memory of that sound as her pack was attached flashed through her mind. “No!” she howled and ignoring her wounds she stretched to her fullest extent running full pelt.
“Kichi! Wait! Your going to reopen your wounds!”
Females were built sleek and slender for speed while the males had strength so it wasn’t long before Kichi pulled ahead of them. Her wounds opened and blood oozed through. The sound grew louder.
*FUMPH!*
Kichis heart skipped a beat. ‘NO!’ her mind screamed memories of ground and flying, screaming bodies flashing through her mind.
Kichi slid to a stop at a cliffs edge. In the bottom of it a robot was stalking a downed Tsume. Kichi was about to jump down with a growl but Kiba leaped over her landing before her with a growl. warning her to stay put.
Kichi's hackles began to rise but then she suddenly remembered she was no longer an alpha. With a growl she stood down and Kiba leaped down into the canyon with a howl.
After a moment Kichi crawled forward to see a strange wolf attaching the robots back. Kiba leaped at the thing head on ripping into it. The glaring red eyes faded and the robot buckled and fell.
“Come on Kichi. I think its safe for us now,” Hidge said coming up beside her then jumping down to stand by Tsume and Toboe.
The anger and fear that had burned in her now faded leaving her sore and slow. Delicately she leaped from ledge to ledge then padded up to stand beside Tsume watching the stranger carefully.
“Are you the idiots who started the humans on a killing spree?” the stranger barked.
“Who are you calling idiots?” Hidge barked back.
“Shut up pig,” snapped Tsume. “Who the hell are you, and how is it our fault that the humans are being stupid?” he snarled angrily.
“Tsume,” Kiba cautioned calmly. He looked back over to the black she-wolf.
“Peace, both of you,” Kichi breathed to both touching her tail to Hidge and looking with soft eyes at Tsume.
Hidge smiled at her while Tsume snorted.
“Why do you blame us?” Kiba asked the strange she-wolf.
“You smell like forest,” the other responded. “I can assume that it was you that crazy old man shot.”
There was a pause.
“Well what ever the hell you did don't make a habit of it. Let them think we are all dead.”
She turned to leave but Toboe called to her;
“Please don't go! You can come with us, right Kiba?”
The stranger looked back at Toboe then to the others.
“Why the hell are you guys out here anyway?” she questioned.
“Why are you out here?” Kiba questioned back.
“Something is pulling me. I smell lunar flowers. I guess I need to find them...”
“Then come with us to Paradise.”
The she wolf paused then:
“Ok.”
Kichi relaxed slightly which made her hiss in pain.
“Eh! Kichi! Your bleeding again,” Toboe skittered to her side sniffing at her wounds.
“I shouldn’t have stretched myself,” she said. She looked to Kiba. “I apologize.”
“No need to Kichi.”
The political alpha in her stepped up again. She swallowed, trying to suppress the pain, and stepped toward the other she-wolf. “Since you are now joining us it is only proper for us all to know names.” She dipped her head as she introduced herself, “I am Kichi,” she was about to add her rank but decided against it. “These are Kiba, Hidge, Tsume, and Toboe. May I ask your name?” she finished looking back toward the she wolf after pointing each out as she named them.

Last edited by alfabrena on Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Earth and your service.

6 Re: Blood and Lunar Flowers (closed) on Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:18 am

inomay

Admin
Chapter 2 Fallen Wolf

The next day found them running parallel to some train tracks. They ran for what felt like hours before they stopped to take a brake.
“I had a dream that we reached Paradise. Oh it was so amazing! There where all these red and blue flowers blooming as far as the eye can see! And you know what? They where all lunar flowers!” said an excited Toboe. The pack had decided to take a brake and where all currently sitting in the snow in their human forms.
“Have you ever seen a lunar flower before?” interjected Hige, who only had one eye cracked open to look at the pup.
“Well no...” he said looking dejected.
“Granny was there too.” he continued deciding to ignore Hige's jab at him. “And she took care of us, and she cooked for us, and made us all kinds of delicious food.” Blaze's mouth was watering at the though of a good meal. She had not eaten scene she had left the city.
“What are you talking about” Questioned Hige.
“I guess he'll be happy being someone's pet even in Paradise” said Tsume who was currently lying in the snow with his hands behind his head.
“Its not what you're thinking. It was like a Party and we where treated like guests and there was grate music playing and everything” Kichi was watching the pup with curious bi colored eyes. The she wolf was slowly coming out of her shell, though she would still whimper at night when she though all where asleep.
“Sounds like a city coffee shop to me” Said Hige earning a scowl from Toboe.
“But its true Hige, it was so amazing. It made me believe that this was really paradise.” he pouted and mumbled “Well its hard to describe.”
“Well with a brain like yours what do you expect?” snarked Hige.
“Give me a brake!” he said turning his head. “Not even Kiba had told me what paradise is like, so how am I supposed to know?” snapped the pup. Blazed looked at Kiba who was just sitting there silently. There was just a hint of a smile on his face. Her attention was brought back to Tsume. In human and wolf form he had that scar. 'I wonder how he got that...' she pondered.
“What color are lunar flowers any way?” asked Toboe.

The traveled for the rest of the day. Some times as wolves, others and human. Regardless of form the snow was killing Kichi. Her wounds where still healing, so they did not go full pace most of the time for her sake. They where climbing a particularly steep hill with Kiba Tsume and Hige out in front. The three made it to the top of the hill and stopped.
“What is it?” Toboe called out as Blaze, and Kichi sprinted after him to catch up. The sight before them was both frightening and amazing.
“The ocean” Kiba answers.
The water and the car bridge extended as far and they keen eyes of the wolves could see.
“How the hell are we going to get across that?” grumbled Blaze.
“The bridge duh!” snapped Hige.
“No shit. So we are going to waltz across the bridge and expose ourselves to attack. As if to answer Kiba started down the hill. Sighing Blaze grudgingly fallowed

They traveled for a few hours before Kiba stopped, the wind blowing his hair around aggressively.
“Its faint, but I smell Lunar flowers.” he said in his usual tone.
“Wow this is it! Paradise is right up ahead I know it!” Toboe said sprinting past them.
The pack sped after him, including Tsume who had felt the need to sigh and glare first. He didn't know it but his antics did not go unnoticed, and caused blaze to snicker, before she too sped off fallowed by Kichi.
The bridge let to an island. There was a huge cylinder shaped building in the middle of it that looked ether decrepit or unfinished.

Kiba landed on the other side of the wall fallowed by Hige.
“you smell Lunar flowers huh? Well all I smell are some old rigs and oil” Hige looked non pulsed at being in the city. Kichi landed on the other side of the wall fallowed closely by Tsume. Toboe slipped when he landed falling not to gracefully on his rear end. Blaze narrowly missed landing on the pup was was forced to glare at him. Tsume started walking off, causing the rest of the pack to fallow him deeper within the city. The City looked like it was falling apart. The adobe style houses where cracked and crumbling. Blaze was catching glimpses of people shutting curtains and darting out of view. Kichi's hackles where rising, though you could not see it in her human form, it was obvious to blaze that she was leery of this place, as was she.
“Do you think they're all afraid of us?” asked Toboe.
“Not used to visitors that’s for shore” answered Hige,
“What the hell are we supposed to fin here anyway? Some Paradise.” snorted Tsume. Kiba remained silent.

As night was setting the group came across a group of people sitting around a steel drum. The drum had a fire burning, and some of the people appeared to be homeless. A man wearing a black and red jacket stud up and glared at them. His hair was gray and he had a long scar going the length of his face.
“where are you guys from?” he asked in a horse baritone voice.
“The City to the north” answered Kiba quickly. He had locked eyes with the man and was still glaring.
Blaze glared at the man, or should I say wolf in front of her. As she stared at them she could see all the people in their wolf forms, if only for a second.
“Why are you here?” the man asked.
“Just passing through” answered a still glaring Kiba.
“You don't expect us to do business here, in a dump like this?” remarked Tsume, earning him a glare from Kichi.
“Well them where you going”
“where are we going?” repeated Hige.
“To paradise” blurted out Toboe causing Hige to jump, blaze to glare and Tsume to smack him in the head. The wolf with the scar's eyes widen at the mention of paradise. The other wolves where stunned into silence, mouths slightly agape in their human forms. Then they all burst out laughing, Which angered Kichi and Kiba to no end.
“Kiba why are they laughing?” asked a confused pup.
“Because they obviously don’t know anything about paradise.” he answered never taking his eyes of the group before him.
“We know all about it.” answered the wolf with the scar. His face serious.

7 Re: Blood and Lunar Flowers (closed) on Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:56 pm

alfabrena

Admin
“Huh?” Toboe and Hidge chorused looking to each other while Kiba and Kichi just continued to glare at the male.
“It’s nothing but a stupid legend,” the male continued.
“Legend?” Toboe questioned in a small, shocked voice.
“That’s right kid, there’s no such thing as paradise,” said another male in an orange hat.
Kichi’s lip curled but she stifled her growl instead crossing behind Kiba to Toboe, putting a hand on his shoulder.
“What makes you say that?” Kiba asked the orange hat male.
The male smiled nastily. “Maybe because we’ve been there. We’ve all seen it.”
Toboe and Hidge gasped leaning back as though the words had hit them.
“And I’m telling you it wasn’t paradise. That place was more like hell.”
Kichi could feel Kiba, Tsume, and Blaze’s tension. With flashing eyes she glanced over at Blaze the two females sharing a look.
“Well that’s no surprise.”
Kichi and Blaze snapped their glares onto Tsume.
“You’ll all find out soon enough,” the male with the scar and black and red jacket said. “You’ll see that paradise isn’t worth looking for. Now why don’t you all just get lost? You do have somewhere you belong don’t you?”
Before the male had even finished Tsume was walking away.
Hidge and Blaze began following Tsume.
“Come on Kiba lets go,” Toboe said tugging lightly on Kiba’s arm. “I don’t wanna hang around here.”
After a tiny pause Kiba turned away. Kichi turned to follow but the others laughter made her pause. She turned her head back to look at them with sad eyes. Her gaze locked with the one female for a moment.
“Kichi?”
Kichi looked over to Kiba who had stopped and was looking back at her. She lowered her eyes from his. She knew this wasn’t a typical pack but to a wolf that knew nothing but pack life and laws she couldn’t help but feel that what she was about to do was treachery. But she couldn’t stay silent as these older wolves scoffed at the tale her mother had told her and her brothers since they were just tiny pups. She turned to fully face them. “I am sorry but I must speak. I have no doubt that the paradise you found was not the true paradise.” The pack before her shifted and glared at her but she continued, “Perhaps it was a trial? A test? Either way it was only a blip on the road to paradise. We will likely have to go through the same hellish ‘paradise’ and we are ready for it. I have confidence that we will succeed where you failed.” She bowed slightly, “Again I apologize for speaking out of turn alpha.” With that Kichi turned away, head lowered. She couldn’t meet any of the others eyes.
As the sun set they walked along the wall. Kichi still hadn’t been able to lift her head to look at anyone.
“What a damn joke,” Tsume said, bearing his teeth, “a bunch of down and out lossers just gave me the brush off.”
“Yeah right you’re not exactly one to talk you know,” said Hidge.
“What did you say?” Tsume demanded, pausing and half turning to glower at Hidge.
“Hehehe,” Hidge raised his hand in a surrender signal, “it’s just in a couple years we could be just like those guys.”
Tsume’s eyes narrowed further.
“At least Kichi gave a chewing,” Blaze said smiling, more like a bearing of teeth, at Kichi. “Even if it was mushed up with nice words.”
Kichi just kept walking quietly.
“This city is scary, doesn’t feel right,” Toboe said softly. “There may be a lot of wolves that live around here but this place is really cold.”
“Well maybe they’re right,” said Tsume, “the sooner we get out of here the better off we’ll be.”
“And where do you think we should go exactly?” Kiba butted, his voice more aggressive then Kichi had yet to hear it, it made her look up at him. “There has to be something here, look at how many wolves are in this city. I think we should stay and find out.”
After a slight pause they started moving again. They sat on the edge of the path looking out on the ocean, a thin crescent of moon hanging above.
Kichi was just thinking how beautiful it was when Hidge’s stomach growled.
“Who was that?” he questioned.
Kiba, Toboe, and Blaze snapped looks at him while Kichi just smiled.
“Heh? Oh hehe it’s me.”
Another growl.
“Hehe but it was Tsume that time,” Hidge said with a smile as everyone looked in surprise at Tsume.
Tsume huffed looking away. Kichi stifled a laugh.
“How do those guys live here with nothing to eat, standing around a bunch of trash all day doin’ nothing?” Hidge questioned looking up at the sky.
“I can’t walk another step,” Toboe sighed head resting on his knees.
“Okay then, I guess we should just find a place to sleep,” said Hidge.
Tsume was up and walking before Hidge had finished, the others quickly followed suit. Hidge lagged behind of course. Kichi grimaced and rubbed her ribs lightly.
“Are your wounds still bothering you?” Hidge asked walking beside her.
Kichi’s lips twitched up slightly as she glanced over at him. “Only a little. They leave me breathless sometimes. They’re healing cleanly though.”
“Well take it easy don’t over exert yourself.”
That actually made Kichi laugh, for the first time since the attach. “I’m already holding us back Hidge. We’re traveling at half the speed of what you all could without me.”
“It doesn’t matter Kichi,” Kiba said slowing to walk with her and Hidge. “We will travel at a pace that’s comfortable for everyone. You’ll be healed soon.”
Kichi nodded and smiled slightly still rubbing at her ribs. Soon they came to a graveyard where they stopped.
“This’ll be a good place to sleep,” Tsume said.
“Well it looks like we can forget food,” Hidge commented.
“This place is giving me the willies,” Toboe said with a worried look.
“Don’t worry Toboe,” Kichi said looking out over the tombstones. “The dead cannot hurt you, it is the living you have to watch out for.”
Tsume lead the way into the graveyard. Soon scratching sounds were heard making Toboe comment; “Guys, I keep hearing something weird.”
“Damn it would you stop being scared about everything,” Tsume snapped.
“Sounds like digging,” Kichi said blinking, tilting her head side to side to hear better.
A couple yards ahead of them an old wolf suddenly popped out of the ground making Toboe and Hidge cry out falling backwards. Kichi and Blaze yelped jerking back.
Once everyone realized there was no danger they relaxed with sighs of relief.
“Hey gramps what’re you doin’?” Hidge called edgily. “You scared the crap out of us!”
“Oooh! I was only digging a hole for myself,” the old one answered.
“A hole for yourself?” Hidge wondered.
“Are you saying your digging a grave?” Kiba asked.
“Well when you get to my age you begin to realize when your time has come,” the old one exclaimed.
“You might want to dig a little faster then.”
“Tsume,” Kichi admonished with a frown. He just snorted and looked away from her.
“I thought I was a gonner to,” Toboe said.
“Excuse me,” Kiba said, “but do you know of any lunar flowers in this city?”
The old one started. Then he got a real happy look and spread his arms wide. “A flower bed that went on forever!”
Kichi gasped as did Kiba. She quickly looked over to him to see his eyes had gone wide in shock.
“Long, long ago, they bloomed all over this island. But one day they were all dug up now there isn’t a single petal left,” the old man continued.
“A long time ago huh?” Hidge questioned.
“Hey, can you tell us what color they were?” Toboe asked.
“What color?” the old one thought for a moment. “Well let’s see. The color of the moon.”
“And what about paradise, have you been there?” Tsume scoffed after a pause.
“Oh every wolf goes in search of it, even I went in search of it once.”
“What did you do?” Toboe asked with a hint of awe in his voice.
The old one climbed out of his hole and started walking away. After exchanging looks the group followed Kiba in front. They came to a stop and the old one pointed to something.
“Look, that’s the entrance over there.”
He was pointing to a low nole the opening to it had odd carvings and the hole was in it had a board across it. The smell coming from it made Kichi’s nose wrinkle.
“Ah that reeks!” Hidge exclaimed covering his nose with an elbow. “Smells like death warmed over.”
“I was kinda hoping it would be a nicer place,” said Toboe.
Kichi and Blaze shared a look then Kichi turned her attention to Kiba who had a strange look. He headed for the opening but the old one stopped him.
“I wouldn’t. There have been many young wolves that set out through there, but, sadly enough not one of them ever reached paradise. And what’s left for the ones that return is to seek out a living here, just like the rest of us.”
Kichi sensed something behind her and turned to see the alpha of the pack they’d come across before.
“Ok old man I think you should call it a day, don’t forget there’s work to do tomorrow.”
“I see,” the old one said waveringly, “well, I’ve dug it deep enough.” He walked over to the alpha.
“Wait a minute,” Kiba called to the alpha, “when you and your pack tried to get to paradise is this the path you took?”
“I thought I told you it doesn’t exist.”
“Zali,” the old one admonished.
“If you kids disrupt the peace of this pack in anyway I’ll show you no mercy. Now get out of town before dawn, is that clear?” The alpha put and arm around the old ones shoulders and the two walked off.
After a time of standing there looking after the two the group turned away from the nole and headed for a crumbling building. Kiba stood looking toward the nole.
“So tell me, you still believe in it?”
Kichi’s head snapped around to look at Tsume.
“Believe in what?” Kiba asked.
“Paradise. There’s no such place.”
Kiba and Tsume glared at each other for a moment.
“They said they’d been there and apparently it was no paradise.”
“Well, maybe what Kichi said to them is true.”
Kichi perked looking around at Kiba blinking.
“Maybe what they found wasn’t the real paradise,” Kiba went on.
“Heh, where the hell does all that confidence come from? Anyway you know it’s hopeless. There’s absolutely no guarantee that we’ll reach it either. We’d be stupid to keep going.”
“Don’t say that,” Toboe piped up. “Besides getting angry just makes you hungrier.”
Tsume fell back to lay down. “Maybe we should just hang around here and die in the gutter, start digging some holes like the old man.”
Kichi’s hackles were rising and she was itching to jump Tsume.
“It’s not confidence. I’m not really sure what it is. But it’s always there screaming inside of me. I just have to know, I have to get there that’s why I’ve kept running all this time. I can’t imagine living, without believing in it.”
Everyone stared at Kiba save Hidge who suddenly popped up. The female of the older pack came into view. “You kids must be starving,” she said with a smile.
“Yes yes we are we are its very kind of you to notice,” Hidge exclaimed crawling toward her.
“Who you calling a kid?” Blaze grumbled.
“Wait Kiba,” Toboe called.
“Ah just let him go,” Hidge said digging through the food bag the female had brought and pulling out a large loaf of bread. “Thanks! This is really great!” he continued to the female.
“What about you aren’t you going to eat?” she asked Tsume.
“Ah come on lighten up and dig in already will yeh! I mean let’s face it pall there’s no telling when our next meals going to be.”
“Weren’t you listening back there?” Tsume snapped. “Our little trip is over. We don’t have a destination. It’s finished.”
“Not for all of us.”
Everyone looked at Kichi. Slowly she lifted her head to stare strait into Tsume’s eyes.
“What the hell are you talking about?” Tsume asked shifting, unnerved by the glare of the bi colored eyes.
“You cannot speak for everyone Tsume. I don’t care how slim the chances are that we’ll reach paradise all I know is," she stood and went to see what the female had brought to eat, "that I’m going to try." She grabbed another loaf of bread and stalked away pulling hunks off with her fingers and popping them into her mouth. She didn’t go far though. She didn’t want to be far from the others just in case though she did think about following Kiba’s scent. Wolves shouldn’t be alone. She slid down the wall to crouch on the balls of her feet, thinking.

Earth and your service.

8 Re: Blood and Lunar Flowers (closed) on Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:15 pm

alfabrena

Admin
STORY ON HOLD DUE TO SCHOOL
our apologies to or dear readers X3p

Earth and your service.

Sponsored content