header

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Neverending War (modern war)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 6 of 13]

251 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:23 am

alfabrena

Admin
Anaa was both happy and terrified that he had chosen not to start on her. 'How horrible. Despicable. Wanting him to chose to torture the lieutenant,' Anaa thought with disgust at herself. Her eyes widened and she gasped in shock at the Dracus' first move. Her face warmed and she looked away cuickly, hair hiding her face and view. She was a healer and used to such things but this wasnt her being a healer. The situation was different and......awkward.....for her anyway.
She squeaked and grimaced flattening her ears to her head to try and drown out the screams. Silently she began shaking and tears fell from her eyes.
'Its my fault we're here,' she thought. 'Its all my fault. I was so worried about un binding Mentor I didnt even think that the assailants might have still been there. What an idiot I am.'

And burn in our fire so we may reclaim what is rightly ours;
Earth and your service.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1887263/Alfabrena

252 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:35 am

Andre The Fox

Andre cried out in pain again as the blade was forced into his flesh beneath his ribs. Tenatsu took care not to puncture a lung. He wiggled the blade a little, then wrenched it back out. Andre thrashed at him in an attempt to strike him, completely forgetting that he was bound in chains. He felt his wrist pop as he tore a tendon and broke a few of the smaller bones against the metal ring. He cursed his stupidity in his head and choked back a cry of pain.
Aside from the pain, he could feel his head clearing up. Was the drug wearing off? He wasn't sure. He didn't have time to think about it. Tenatsu heated the blade again and pressed it against his fresh wounds. Andre cried out in pain once more. It burned like hell, but it stopped the bleeding. A sadistic form of mercy commonly used in torture, applying a red hot metal against an open wound sealed the wound to stop it from bleeding, but only so the torturer could continue with the torture without killing the victim because of blood loss.
Tenatsu licked the sizzling blood from the red hot blade with a satisfied grin. "I forgot how great Arashi blood tastes. Mmmm... Now, what about you?" He said as he turned around and walked over to Anaa, leaving Andre hanging there panting and gasping.

253 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:57 am

alfabrena

Admin
Anaas head snapped around to stair wide eyed at him as he came toward her. She squeaked slightly and shrank against the wall.
"Fear," he drawled eyes flashing nostrils flaring. "Why do you show fear now healer?" He put his wounded hand around her throat.
Anger flashed in her eyes. "You wanna lose another finger?" she growled as harshly as she could.
He chuckled leaned forward and whispered, "Id love for you to bite me again." He lightly bit her ear and drew it through his fangs.
Anaa cringed and hissed but forced herself not to pull away in case her ear caught on a fang.
"You know Arashi, torturing her may even be more fun then you. Lets find out." He heated the blade and cut a mark into her chest pretty much branding her.
Anaa shrieked at the burning touch of the blade.
Thoughtfully he licked the blade. "Nearly as good as yours Arashi." He leaned to her ear again but this time spoke loud enough for the lieutenant to hear as well. "Think any man will even come near you now girl? Maybe even Arashi wont be able to approach you. Oh wait now!" he acted like a thought had just popped into his mind. "Healers dont mate do they? They never join with a male. They live alone as filthy hermits in a forest. Most, if not all, never even touched let alone bedded. Dont worry," he grined, "your fate wont be so lonely." His tongue snaked out and liked her from the lowest point of the V up to the hollow at the base of her throat.
Anaa screamed in anger and thrashed as much as she could against the taught chains snapping her teeth trying to bite him.

Earth and your service.

254 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:19 am

Andre The Fox

"That's ENOUGH!" Andre roared as something that had been dormant for years was beginning to burst to life in him once again.
Many years ago, when Andre was still very young, Tenatsu made an assault on the city of Karthan, a city entirely populated with his people, a clan that all shared the last name of Arashi. He was the son of the presiding ruler of the clan. Tenatsu and his army killed everyone, except Andre. Upon birth an ancient demon that has been passed down from son to son amongst the royalty of the Arashi clan was sealed within his body. On the day that Tenatsu made his attack, the demon had awakened with Andre, granting him strength and abilities of a horrifying degree.
It was Andre's duty as the bearer of the demon to keep it in check by maintaining emotional stability and mental clarity. This torture was putting him past his limit, and the demon was beginning to take hold.
Andre's body temperature spiked and his fur flashed black. He thrashed about as he fought to control the demon, but it was taking hold fast. He continued to thrash, and the chains were wrenched from the walls. Tenatsu spun around, his eyes wide with shock. "Ohhh, I had forgotten about you, Jax."
Tenatsu nervously reach into a pocket for a syringe containing more of the drug that they had used to subdue the two.
Andre spoke, but it was not his voice. "Mmm, I'm disappointed in you, Tenatsu. I would have thought that my taking your tail would have surely left a terrifying reminder of exactly who you are fucking with when you mess with my clan." The voice seemed to have a slight echo to it. Suddenly he grabbed his head and roared with pain as Andre attempted to take control of his body. Tenatsu tried to take advantage of this moment and sink the syringe into his body, but he wasn't fast enough. Jax thrashed out, knocking Tenatsu back against the wall. "Back off, you dragon scum!" Jax roared, then screamed again as Andre fought him once more. Tenatsu remained still as he watched the two fight each other for control. He hoped that Andre would win. That would mean that he would have a better chance of surviving his release.
And he did.
Andre dropped to his knees as he regained control of his body. His fur flashed back to it's original mixture of white and blood red. Tenatsu stood and moved toward Andre. Andre waited until he was near enough, then he stood and quickly jabbed his claws straight into Tenatsu's abdomen. He roared in pain and dropped to his knees, grabbing Andre's forearm out of instinct. Andre withdrew his claws, then clawed him across the face. Tenatsu dropped to both his hands and knees and put a hand over his bleeding abdomen.
Andre would have finished him, but he knew it would take much more than a single strike to kill him. He was ridiculously sturdy and resilient. Even a strike to the heart would not end him. He had six. He was an abomination of the Dracus species that happened to work out in a positive way.

255 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:34 am

alfabrena

Admin
Anaas mouth hung open as she watched the scene before her. "Lieu - lieutenant?" she asked shakily. She feelt fear. What was happening to him, wasnt natural and she was afraid of it. Not as much as she was of Tenatsu but she was still afraid.

Earth and your service.

256 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:50 am

Andre The Fox

"I'm sorry you had to see that. Let's get out of here before he get's a hold of himself." He stood with her in his arms. Outside, the third battalion had arrived and had engaged the remaining forces at the facility. Explosions shook the mountain and echoed through the facility, lights flickered, and it sounded as if all hell had broken loose.

257 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:57 am

alfabrena

Admin
She gasped in pain as they moved, putting a hand over the mark Tenastu had burned into her the last fortnight caught up to her, the pain, the fear, the lack of nourishment. Anaa finally let go and fell gratefully into darkness.

Earth and your service.

258 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:41 am

Andre The Fox

Andre carefully shifter her in his arms as she went limp. He could still feel her pulse, so he didn't worry. He walked down the corridor into the now abandoned hangar. The only things moving were them and the flames that licked at them as he walked past them. All was silent save for the roar of combat and the curses that Tenatsu yelled at them, which were inaudible by this point. He did not pursue them. Instead, he retreated. By the time they reached the opposite end of the hangar, the allied army finally breached the outside hangar doors and stormed in. General Anten was actually on point in the assault. He stopped before Andre, bewildered, as soldiers stormed past them to secure the area. Anten looked Andre up and down, his jaw slacked slightly. "I could have sworn you two would have been dead by now. I'm not even going to ask why you are stark ass naked in the middle of a completely destroyed hangar with a half undressed woman in your arms, but I'm damned glad to see you alive son. Get outside. Evac is waiting for you." Anten patted Andre on the shoulder and continued forward with his men. His insensitive humor didn't seem to wane even in the heat of combat, it seemed. Andre made his way out to the evac helicopter as directed and they were on their way home.

259 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:49 pm

alfabrena

Admin
Kara ran on all fours full pelt down the rocky mountain laughing like mad. A shell went off beside her and she dodged around it. One went off behind her barley missing her double tails. "Woooohooooo!" she laughed dodging more shells and bullets. A shell exploded in front of her. "Whoa!" Her eyes widened and she jumped through the debris. Landing on the other side of the crater she stood up and made a funny face at the Dracus chasing her. "Nanananana!" She turned and shook her hips singing, "Missed me missed me now yeh gotta kiss me." Laughing she went back on all fours and took off back down the mountain. A site caught her attention. A helicopter. Curious she turned toward where it was taking off to see what was going on.

Earth and your service.

260 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:00 pm

Andre The Fox

When the helicopter was but a few feet off the ground, Andre slid out of it with Anaa still in his arms. The helicopter had taken them to the forward operating base at the foot of the mountainside. He carried Anaa immediately to the first aid tent. "She needs immediate medical attention." He said as he gently laid her on a gurnie in front of a medic. The medic just kind of stared at them both, as was everyone else. Andre was still butt naked. "Um... y-yes lieutenant, I'll get right on that!" The medic said after a few dumbfounded seconds, and he hurried to get bandaging and anti bacterial supplies.

261 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:17 pm

alfabrena

Admin
Kara stood up where the helicopter had taken off and looked up after it, head tilting from side to side. Was that snow leopard she scented? She knew of only one snow leopard in these parts. Could it be? "Lets find out," Kara said to herself and took off on all fours after the helicopter. She got there about 5 minutes after the chopper landed. "Whoa!" she hit the brakes at the sight of where the chopper had landed. Standing on her back legs she looked over the base, tails and ears twitching. "Well whats going on here I wonder?" she questioned, bright sky blue eyes dancing everywhere. Kara skitered down the rest of the mountain to the base not worrying about what she would say or do if this was a 'secured' area and she was caught. Kara never worried about that kind of stuff. Even though she was dressed as a gypsy with a jingling haulter top and long loose pants no one paid mind to her as she looked around curiously half forgetting why she had followed the helicopter in the first place.

Earth and your service.

262 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:27 pm

Andre The Fox

A female medic returned in place of the male one that had run off. She quickly erected a curtain around where Anaa was and set to work removing her tattered clothing. She stopped after a moment and looked up at Andre, who ended up staring at the almost nude snow leopard on the table without even realizing it. "Lieutenant, if you don't mind?" She said.
Andre jerked a bit as he was addressed. His face flushed red, though it was unnoticable through his already dark red fur, and he turned away. "Apologies. I was distracted."
"Clearly." Was all the medic responded with before fully undressing Anaa. She then wrapped bandages around her chest and put a blanket over her lower half, then she set to work dressing her wounds. "You should see about getting a medic to look at you as well, sir." The medic said without looking up from her work.
Andre's tail flicked and he shook his head. "I'm fine. Merely a few scrapes." He defended.
"I'll be the judge of that once I'm done with her." The medic finished, ending the conversation.
Meanwhile, a troop of soldiers stopped the newcomer. "Halt! Who are you and what business do you have here? This is a code red combat area, and civilians should not be here."

263 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:35 pm

alfabrena

Admin
Kara squeaked slightly and jumped when the soldiers stopped her. "Oh," she smiled brightly hands clasped behind her, chin tucking and eyes closed. "Im sorry I didnt know. I was being chased down the mountain by a pack of Dracus when I saw the helicopter, Oh!" her eyes popped open when she remembered. "There wouldnt happen to be a snow leopard here would there? A female maybe? With big beautiful violet eyes, blue hair and a bit on the odd side? Possibly a healer? Named Anaa?" She asked ears and tails twitching with anticipation of the answer, hands still clutched behind her but leaning forward.

Earth and your service.

264 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:38 pm

Andre The Fox

The guards kind of stared dumbly at her for a moment, both baffled at how she was acting despite having been chased by Dracus, and also shocked that she knew Anaa might be there. One of the guards simply pointed in the direction of the first aid tent that she had been taken to.

265 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:59 pm

alfabrena

Admin
Kara smiled brightly at them. "Thank you!" she began to walk off but then got a mischievous look. She skittered backward and kissed the guard that had pointed in Anaas direction on the cheek. She giggled trotted off, peaking over her shoulder to see what the reaction would be.

Anaa slowly woke up, disturbed from her sleep by the medics treatment. "I do hope your not treating my wounds with your hi-tech gizzmos," she said softly. "We healers do not hold by such intrusive and unnatural ways of treating. My Mentor will not be pleased."

Earth and your service.

266 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:07 pm

Andre The Fox

The guard simply stood there, baffled, while his fellow soldiers cat called and teased him.

The medic looked down at Anaa as she stirred and spoke. "I'm using what I have available to me. I can't do much more than that." She said softly as she tied off the final bandage. "I'm going to go find you some half assed proper garments to wear. Take care you don't let that blanket slip, unless you don't care what bits of your body are showing." The medic said as she ducked under the curtain. When she stood up, she bumped into a strangely dressed female, apologized, and continued on her way hurriedly.
Andre stood there in silence, turning over the many events that had occurred over the past week in his head, trying to reflect upon his flaws, and also kicking himself for having let Anaa get into that situation in the first place.

267 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:50 pm

alfabrena

Admin
Kara put a hand to her muzzle giggling at the soldiers look and the others reactions. She hurried on in the direction shed been pointed in and nearly ran into a woman that looked like a doctor. Kara smiled at her. 'Well I must be in the right place,' she thought.
She tapped against the curtain, "Knock knock!" she sang. "Anybody home?"

Anaa tried to breath deeply but ended up coughing. She searched for the edge of the blanket and pulled it up to under her arms. Slowly she began to look around herself. When she spotted the lieutenant she quickly went to staring strait up. "Really now lieutenant I am fine go see to yourself," she said. She stiffened at the voice. "Kara? What -" she sighed rolling her eyes. "You were teasing the Dracus into chasing you again werent you?"
Karas mouth fell open and she half came under the curtain so the curtain lay over her head. "Howd you know?" she asked incredulously, blue eyes wide in innocence. She noticed the lieutenant and openly looked him up and down with one eyebrow raised. "Well hello to you to. And you would be?" She stepped forward so the curtain slid off her head and back to its original position.

Earth and your service.

268 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:43 pm

Andre The Fox

"Lieutenant Andre Arashi, special forces of the first battalion." He put his right fist to his chest, which was the salute, then looked down. He scratched the back of his head. "I suppose I should probably make my way to the supply depot and pick up some clothes." With that he ducked under the curtain and he was on his way. Moments later the medic walked back in with some clothes in hand. "Unfortunately they only have basic clothing for men here. Since it's a temporary base, supplies are at a minimum... I kinda eyeballed what would be closest to your size." She set a pair of baggy chainmail infused pants and a physical training tank top on the table next to her. "There were no undergarments, so... Have fun." With that, the medic left them alone to go tend to the wounded that were now pouring into the camp as the first assault was coming to a close.

269 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:17 am

alfabrena

Admin
Kara raised her eyebrow at the formal introduction and yip of laughter escaped her before she clamped a had around her muzzle. "Ugh," she said plucking at the cloths ment for Anaa with a disgusted face. "What horrible fashion sense."
"Its a base came for soldiers what did you expect Kara?" Anaa said, wincing as she tried to sit up.
With a little frown Kara stepped forward to help her.
The cloths didnt fit to bad, the pants were a little bigger then need be but it was a lot better then nothing. Once Kara had helped her to get dressed Anaa layed back down with a sigh.
"Ill let you sleep, you look like you could use it," Kara said.
Anaa smiled. "Thank you Kara. Your right, I do need it."
Kara smiled and left. Standing outside the curtain she looked around, trying to think of what she would do while she let her old friend sleep.
Seeing Anaa was always a bittersweet time. Kara had been Anaas only friend while her and her mother traveled with Karas families caravan and memories of them playing and Kara teaching Anaa about cloths and the emotion of love were amazing. But then there were the memories of the caravan being attached that day. Only Anaa and Kara had survived though both had believed that they were the only one for the longest time. Then not even a year ago Karas new caravan made a stop in town. Anaa had recognized her and the two were reunited.
Kara took a deep breath. 'Hmm I didnt ask Anaa about what a naked soldier was doing at her bedside......Maybe I shouldnt.....for my own well being.' Kara chuckled slightly at that. She tapped her chin thoughtfully. 'Maybe I could ask the naked soldier himself? I dont know where he went though.' She shrugged, 'Ill just practice. Thats a good idea.' She nodded, sat down and began to warm up first doing the splits one way then the other. She stretched her legs before her so her feet were shoulder width apart took a deep breath in and slowly bent forward with her hands leading till her forehead touched the ground. Breathing out slowly she came back up and continued up with her hands reaching up to the sky. She brought her feet together right up to her and bent down again so her forehead touched the ground.

Earth and your service.

270 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:33 am

Andre The Fox

It didn't take long for Andre to return. He knew what he needed, and he had top level clearance which gave him priority over the other soldiers. He got his gear and a sidearm just in case, and he was done. He raised an eyebrow as he entered the tent to see Kara doing some sort of strange exercise with her forehead on the ground. "Having fun?" He asked her as he stood next to her looking down at her.

271 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:49 am

alfabrena

Admin
Karas eyes snapped open at the voice and she smiled mischievously. Slowly she came back up,breathing out through her mouth, eyes closed and a serene look of her face. "Very much so," she continued the motion reaching to the sky with her hands. Her eyes snapped open to look up at him. Never wavering from the exact spot where shed been sitting, she curled backward, placing a hand where her ass had been, flipped up into a one handed hand stand then bent double to set each paw like foot on either side of her hand and straightened up to look at him sternly. "I wouldnt go in there. Anaas sleeping." Her eyes went very big, ears flattening and tails tucking. "Shes scary when you wake her up suddenly. Trust me ive seen it. Not. Pretty." She eyed him up and down. "Found some cloths i see. And weapons. What do you plan on doing with those in a medic tent?" She got a mischievous look on her face and her chin tucked, tails twitching. "On that note what were you doing behind a curtain stark naked with my sick and half naked friend hmm??" Her grin widened and her tails flowed up and down.

Earth and your service.

272 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:58 am

Andre The Fox

Andre's cheeks reddened slightly as he watched her moving nothing more than his eyes. One of his ears drooped as she confronted him about his nudity, and he looked away. "Merely a mishap during a mission. My sworn enemy is a sick twisted bastard and enjoys causing as much pain and suffering as he can. He stripped me of my armor and all else but my dignity. I was still nude up to this point because I chose our lives over decency." He explained to her, then looked back at her with a curious quirk of his eyebrow again.

273 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:07 am

alfabrena

Admin
"Hmm," she said thoughtfully, turning her face away from his slightly, still looking up through her eyelashes, a half smile pulling at her mouth. With a sad look she looked over her shoulder to the curtain. She looked back to the soldier, put a finger to her lips and motioned for him to follow her. "Tell me," she said once they were out of the tent, "what do you know about Anaa?"

Earth and your service.

274 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:41 am

Andre The Fox

"She's an incredible healer and an equivalently good warrior in her own way. And she's got a lot of fight in her." He said simply, then he stopped and looked at Kara. "Aside from that, I haven't been afforded the luxury of getting to know her very well. We went on the mission, got blown up, came back to recieve medical care, she got captured, I tried to save her, I got captured, we escaped, and now we're here. Breathing room has been... scarce."

275 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:24 pm

alfabrena

Admin
Kara nodded, biting her lip. She ran a hand through her white hair, looked to the sky and clasped her hands behind her back. She began to walk on. She wrapped a tail around his wrist to tug him after her. "She was once a dancer. Her mother, most beautiful woman you have ever seen, was an incredible dancer and Anaa was following in her foot steps. Even as a cub Anaa was a better dancer then most." Kara paused for a time remembering Arayya as she danced for the first time with the caravan. "Anaa is an incredible friend," Kara finally continued. "Shell do anything to protect those around her, even if those people are horrible to her. But shes strange, even by healer standards. Lieutenant, if you have any desire to be more then a friend to her I warn you now stop. Anaa is not like other females. She has absolutely no desire to. . . .She has no desire for a mate or children. When other little girls, including me, were dreaming of falling in love, having a huge glamorous wedding, and raising pups and cubs or our own, Anaa was dreaming of meeting her father and becoming a dancer like her mother. One time a boy that I had a crush on came up to me and gave me a flower. I was so excited I ran strait to Anaa to tell her and share my happyness.......Thats when I learned about the strangest thing about Anaa." Kara stopped and looked up at the red fox. "Anaa knew nothing about the feeling of liking someone. Instead of being happy for me, she asked me what it felt like to actually pine after someone. To want to be noticed by a boy and be with them........Lieutenant Arashi," Karas face became sad and stern at the same time, "Anaa cannot feel love."

Earth and your service.

276 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:30 pm

Andre The Fox

Andre followed and listened intently. Such a curious thing. Once she mentioned Anaa's inability to feel love, he was baffled. He looked back toward the tent, feeling kind of bad for her, but at the same time he felt she was lucky. "I almost envy her for that." He said quietly, barely able to be heard by even the keenest ears.

277 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:40 pm

alfabrena

Admin
Kara laughed, "I dont. Love is a wounderful fantastic thing. It makes us who we are and, I believe, it makes us stronger." After a moment Karas face feel, looking to the tent as well. "There was once, not long ago, a very kind, handsome snow leopard that began courting Anaa. I had wished desperately that Anaa would choose him so she wouldnt be so alone. He was just a farmers son but he was so sweet. Anaa didnt even see what he was trying to do. She thought he was just thanking her for saving his mother by giving her gifts." Kara heaved a sigh. "When I tried to explain to Anaa that he was courting her she just couldnt understand. I ended up doing for him what I am doing for you now. Hes now living quite happily with a lovely wife and three cubs on his own farm. Dont get me wrong Anaa can feel very close to some but only to true family. She loved her mother, and now i believe she loves her Mentor but its as a mother. She loves her father even though she has never seen him. But when it comes to others......its just not there."

Earth and your service.

278 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:45 pm

Andre The Fox

"That certainly explains why she just stared at me with such a blank expression when I made romantic puns at her during our mission to ease the tension. She was clueless." He smirked and let out a small laugh. "Poor girl. At least it doesn't make her miserable."

279 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:01 pm

alfabrena

Admin
Kara smiled, "No. Shes anything but miserable." She looked up at him, eyes glittering. "So you tried to save her when you barley even know her, how sweet. Thank you for looking after my friend Lieutenant." She swiftly went up on tip toe and kissed his cheek then she skipped off giggling softly. She stopped as a piece of machinery caught her attention, and bent at a 90 degree angle to study it, tails twitching from side to side. She stood up looking around at all of the people. "All so serious," she said shaking her head hands on hips. "Yall need to loosen up a bit. The best work is done when loose and happy." One of her ears folded and she tilted her head at Arashi. "I could have my caravan up here in no time to lift the spirit," she said with a bright smile.

Earth and your service.

280 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:07 pm

Andre The Fox

Andre shook his head and held up his hands. "No, no, that won't be necessary. This is a war zone, Kara, and your people would just be in danger here. If something happens to where the Dracus push us back from this area, I don't want to have the trouble of keeping civilians safe in that situation. I know you want to help, but..." He stopped and shook his head again, closing his eyes. He had watched far too many good men die in the act of saving civilian lives, only to watch the civilians be killed as well. If there were a bone of cruelty toward his people in his body, it lay with that matter.

281 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:17 pm

alfabrena

Admin
Kara heaved a sigh and pouted. "Well if you insist." She tapped a foot, thinking. "Well.... theres still me but its not as much fun with just one." She tapped a finger against her cheek then sighed. "Well I guess all I have to do is sit around being bored," she pouted, scuffing a paw foot in the ground. She looked up at him with glittering eyes, "Unless a nice, handsome, soldier would be willing to give a lady a tour?"

Earth and your service.

282 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:28 pm

Andre The Fox

Andre looked at her and managed a small smile. "I suppose. I'm under orders not to get back into the fight until they can be sure I'm not mentally compromised." He rolled his eyes. It was just Anten's way of being professional about saying 'sit your ass down for a while and relax while we clean up your leftovers.' Andre looked around then scratched the back of his head. He didn't even know the base that well. Since being here he has gone from the helicopter to the first aid tent, to the supply depot, then back to the tent.

283 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:31 pm

alfabrena

Admin
Kara brightened and boldly walked over to him and hooked her arm around his. "Ive never been around a base before. Well," she laughed, "I havent been around anything military. Its so...busy. Whats going on here anyway?"

Earth and your service.

284 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:37 pm

Andre The Fox

Andre swiveled his head about to look around the camp quickly. "Well... Supplies and soldiers are coming in from that direction, mostly being flown in." Andre pointed north. "Then they unload everything quickly to make room for the next load and carry it off to where it is needed. From there, ammunition and weapons are taken that way into the battle to keep the soldiers on the front line supplied." He pointed toward the facility and the chaos in front of it. "And then all the soldiers you see walking back and forth along the walls are keeping an eye out for anything that may have slipped past the front line."

285 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:45 pm

alfabrena

Admin
"Wow," Kara said wide eyed. "You know believe it or not its a bit like a caravan camp. Only a lot less laughter, fun, and color. We may not look it but were very organized. We can have everything taken down packed up and disappear without a trace in about 15 minutes." She smiled up at him, "Unless we have visitors of course." The soldier that had pointed her to Anaa and she had kissed went by. Kara smiled and waved at him.

Earth and your service.

286 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:03 pm

Andre The Fox

The soldier waved back then hurried onward. Andre looked from the soldier to her, then smirked and chuckled. "Heh. Friends in the camp already?"

287 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:46 pm

alfabrena

Admin
Kara smiled with a little laugh and tossed back her hair. "Oh I wouldnt say that. He just showed me the way to Anaa and I thanked him, thats all." A helicopter went over head making Kara gasp and duck slightly, griping his arm tighter. "Wow those things are loud," she said wide eyed, straitening to look after it.

Earth and your service.

288 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:40 pm

Andre The Fox

"You get used to it." He said, seemingly oblivious to her grip on his arm as he too watched to helicopter go off into the distance. He jumped suddenly as a large explosion shook the ground beneath their feet. He looked up toward the facility to see a large portion of the out wall crumble onto the mountainside, soldiers below fleeing for their lives.

289 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:54 pm

alfabrena

Admin
Kara whipped around at the explosion, ears pinning, tails flicking up and down. "Uhoh," she said simply. "Based on the reaction im guessing that this is bad?"

Earth and your service.

290 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:03 pm

Andre The Fox

"Not sure." He said simply, then shrugged. "Probably just some subsystems I damaged finally reaching their peak, or they've begun demolition of the facility. Either way, I can't do anything about it." He continued to watch as a few more explosions went off in the area that was now exposed, then a final massive one finished the show, a massive cloud of smoke billowing into the sky. After a few moments, the soldiers that had retreated moved forward again to continue the assault.

291 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:13 pm

alfabrena

Admin
Kara tilted her head. "I hope that didnt wake Anaa. Poor thing looked like she needed a week of sleep." Her ears twitched and she looked up at him with a little frown. "You said Anaad been kidnapped. Who would want to kidnap her, shes only a healer apprentice."

Earth and your service.

292 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:17 pm

Andre The Fox

"Tenatsu, the lord of the Dracus kidnapped her to bait me into a trap. I practically did a swan dive into that trap." He grumbled and looked down at his feet as he kicked a rock to the side for no particular reason.

293 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:41 pm

alfabrena

Admin
Kara smiled and tugged on his arm to make him look at her. "No reason to feel bad. You and Anaa escaped and are safe thats all that matters right?" She felt it was time for a change of topic. "How about we find some food? I dont know about you but im hungry. Being shot at and chased by Dracus tends to do that," she tilted her head at him, one corner of an ear folding, eyes closed in a smile.

Earth and your service.

294 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:48 pm

Andre The Fox

"Hope you like rations." Andre said with a chuckle as he moved for the mess hall. Inside were dozens of soldiers eating their meals. More like scarfing it, but still. The percentage of the men were those of the wounded that could still move. Their meal consisted of spaghetti dumped from a heated plastic bag. Yum.

295 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:56 pm

alfabrena

Admin
Kara raised an eyebrow at the so called 'food'. "Huh!" She turned up her nose, "When you all get back to town your coming to the camp so the caravan mothers can give you a good gypsy dinner. Just tell them I sent you and youll be welcomed like family you will."

Earth and your service.

296 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:11 am

Andre The Fox

Andre chuckled and gave her a smile. "I'll have to hold you to that offer sometime." His tail swished about for a moment. Then the air raid alarms began to sound. Andre looked upward, but they were in the mess hall yet, so he couldn't see the sky, obviously. He hurried out of the mess hall with a few other curious soldiers at his heels, and he looked upward again. Flying straight for the base was three squadrons of fighter jets. They were friendly, which confused Andre as to why the air raid siren was sounding. Platoon leaders were running about the base ordering everyone to get inside a building or a tent. Andre stopped one of them and asked what was going on.
"We've got heavy ordinance coming in. General Anten called in a code black situation in the base. We're in the outer edges of the blast radius and have been classified as expendable." The platoon leader hurried on his way to get any stragglers inside as quickly as possible.
Andre's ears folded back. Code black. There had only been one other time that a code black had been authorized. In short, something terrible had been found and needed to be completely obliterated immediately, along with anyone who knew about it.

297 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:24 pm

alfabrena

Admin
"Well youll need to hurry the caravan is leaving town real soon," Kara said with an answering smile. Kara jumped and gasped at the alarm, looking around wide eyed. "Wh-whats going on?" she asked, then she noticed that the lieutenant was gone. She spun around looking for him and skittered over. "Expendable? I dont like the sound of that," Kara said her ears flattening and tails wrapping around her waist, weight shifting side to side eyes flashing back and forth as though looking for a place to hide and ready to bolt.

Earth and your service.

298 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:30 pm

Andre The Fox

"Me neither. We need to get to Anaa and get her to safety. That first aid tent is not going to withstand the blast." With that, he grabbed Kara by the hand and took off at a full run to the first aid tent.

299 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:08 pm

alfabrena

Admin
Kara yelped as he pulled her along. "Where are we going to go?" she squeaked.
Anaa's eyes snapped open as the air raid went off. She ignored the screaming, burning protests of her body, threw off the blanket and jumped to her feet. She marched out of the tent and stood there frowning up at the sky. "Raid, or detonation?" she questioned herself.
"Anaa!"
Anaas ears twitched back and she turned to see Kara and the lieutenant coming toward her. "Raid or detonation?" she asked.
Kara swallowed hard, and glanced with fright at the lieutenant. "Were expendable," she whispered.
Anaa hissed, tail twitching.

Earth and your service.

300 Re: The Neverending War (modern war) on Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:54 pm

Andre The Fox

"We need to get to the supply depot before those birds get here and blow this mountain off the face of the map." Without another word, or letting go of Kara, he also grabbed Anaa by the hand and he guided the two to the supply depot. It had the thickest plating of all the structures flown in. Their best chance of survival was in there. He pushed them inside, then stood aside as other soldiers ran in behind them. He waited until there were no more soldiers coming, then he slipped inside and shut the door behind him. He turned the lever inside which locked the door tight, then when to find Kara and Anaa.
At that point in time, the jets screamed overhead. A rack of missiles rolled out from a hidden compartment under each wing. After a few seconds of delay, the jets unleashed their payload. Eight rockets from each jet, ten jets in total for a sum of eighty rockets flew three times the speed of sound toward the facility. The second each jet released it's last missile, it veered upright and pulled a tight u-turn.
Each rocket carried a miniature nuclear warhead. Each one packed a punch equivalent to 1/100 the strength of a normal warhead. Each missile embedded itself deep inside the mountainside and had a ten second delay before it would detonate. The whole world seemed to hold it's breath as it waited. When finally the warheads went off, it was as if an earthquake had begun.
The ground shook violently and all power for hundreds of miles went out in an instant from the shockwave. Outside a blinding flash filled the sky, bright enough to blind anyone who would look directly at it. Followed by the flash was the most ungodly shockwave someone would ever see. It leveled the burning trees as it screamed across the land. When it reached the base, all the structures for the first hundred yards were flattened, and then those behind were bombarded with debris. The supply depot was at the far back of the base.
The sky was filled with a mixture of fire, smoke, dirt and debris from the facility. It blacked out the sun, and turned what was just day into night. The ground continued to rumble as the top of the mountain began to crumble, sending a wave of dust and smoke that completely engulfed the base. After about ten minutes of insanity, everything went quiet aside from the occasional drop of a massive chunk of debris nearby.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum