Black Wolf RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

header

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Neverending War (modern war)

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 13]

501The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:26 am

alfabrena

alfabrena
Admin

Kara spun to smile back at him, walking backwards. "It's because of our recent discovery Arashi. We gypsies have taken it upon ourselves to lighten any dark or heavy moods," she said the last part regally, putting finger tips to her chest and throwing out the other arm in a dramatic queen way. She narrowed her eyes, grinning wolfishly.
"Walk forward Kara, you're going to trip over yourself," Anaa said.
Kara put hands on her hips glaring at Anaa, "I'm much more graceful then that Anaa. Oh!" Kara brightened, stopping. "How about I give a little performance!?"
"NO!"
"Why not Anaa?" Kara pouted, ears flopping and tails hanging.
Anaa took a deep breath to clam down then said evenly, "There are only three spectators Kara, that's not a performance. Besides you don't have any musicians."
"Trueeee."
"Exactly, come on now," Anaa put a hand on the arctic fox's shoulder and steered back around and down the path giving a slight sigh of relief.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1887263/Alfabrena

502The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:08 pm

Andre The Fox

Andre The Fox

"Does she always do that?" Crystal asked, looking up at Andre. He just gave a slight not and a chuckle.
"She does indeed. Kara, from what I've gathered, loves to dance. Anaa is very reserved."
Crystal's ear gave a twitch and she looked between the two. Then she stood on her tip toes and whispered into Andre's ear. "Kara seems kinda loose..."
Andre pinned back his ears and glared down at her with a look that said 'What it, young lady.' She gave him a mischievous grin and looked off into the distance.

503The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:03 pm

alfabrena

alfabrena
Admin

They marched on in silence, Anaa thinking about a toxin that could completely rewrite a species DNA, Kara working on creating a new routine...and a new costume that would draw a crowd. Kara loved to create new costumes that gave a taste but also left something for the imagination, mainly because of the reactions she got when a crowd saw her in one.

504The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Thu May 09, 2013 2:02 am

Andre The Fox

Andre The Fox

-line-

The next day was met with high spirits. The night before, the group sat around a fire in a fancy pit that Crystal meticulously forged, displaying how intricate she was capable of being with her earth manipulation. Her and Andre caught up on the missing millenia since they last saw each other. Kara danced for their entertainment, and Anaa tinkered with some herbs, thinking all the while about the alien toxin.

Now they were well on their way to the town to see Andre's son. The valley between the peaks where it dwelled was within view, and everyone's spirits were rising.

505The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Fri May 10, 2013 9:30 pm

alfabrena

alfabrena
Admin

Kara swayed as she walked humming, her eyes strayed to the siblings mainly to the females arm. "I'm surprised at you Anaa."
"Hows that Kara?"
"you're always so curious about oddities, illnesses and the like yet you haven't asked the lieutenant's sister about her arm."

506The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Fri May 10, 2013 9:59 pm

Andre The Fox

Andre The Fox

The moment her arm was mentioned, Crystal immediately stopped carving the little stone in her hand. She set the stone down and timidly reached over with her good arm to grasp her stone one. Her gaze lowered and her face became shrouded by her bangs. Andre became suddenly much more alert, and he looked between Kara and his sister, ready to leap between the two at any moment. Crystal had the tendency to bludgeon anyone who made comment about her arm.
But, in fact, quite the opposite happened. She took a deep, calm, slow breath, and slipped her shoulder strap off. She held her top up over her breasts with her good arm and slowly slipped her stone one from the sleeve she used to hide it. The arm revealed was nothing like the one Andre had seen before. She had changed it, somehow. Now rather than the appearance of a random assortment of stones in the shape of an arm, it was smooth and carved with intricate runes. He knew exactly what kind, too. They were runes to focus energy, to make more efficient use of her gift. Moving and manipulating earth took far more energy than creating fire, moving the wind, water, and light, as his other siblings could. Before he lost contact with her, he only knew her capable of using maybe five at most of her high profile spells before collapsing.
She looked up at Kara and Anaa, her cheeks damp with tears she could not help. "It is a curse that comes with a great gift. Everyone in our family has experienced something similar on the basis of their personal elemental attunement. Andre spent a good portion of his life after the first war finding a cure for the curse. So far, the only one he hasn't found one for is me..."
Andre looked at her with eyes full of sorrow and affection. "And to this day, I still have not. I only found a way for her to deter the effects..."
"As we grow stronger with our element, our curse consumes more of us. Andre's temperature was once so incredibly high, it burnt the fur from his body. He couldn't wear clothing, or touch anything remotely flamable." She giggled, then sniffled, then rubbed her snout with a tail. Andre winced and grumbled something to himself in their language about possibly murdering her in her sleep for betraying that information. All in good jest.

507The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Sat May 11, 2013 12:59 pm

alfabrena

alfabrena
Admin

Kara giggled at that little tidbit of information giving the lieutenant a mischievous look.
Anaa tilted her head as she gazed with intense interest as the stone arm. she wanted to rush up examine it but held herself back looking up at Crystal. "may I?" she asked motioning toward the arm.

508The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Sat May 11, 2013 1:19 pm

Andre The Fox

Andre The Fox

Crystal gave a solemn nod. "I've gotten quite used to the attention it brings. Doesn't bother me... as bad... anymore." She shifted so she wouldn't have to get so awkwardly close when she came over to examine her.

509The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Sat May 11, 2013 3:16 pm

alfabrena

alfabrena
Admin

Anaa was at her side in three steps. she very carefully trailed fingertips over the surface, poking and tapping here and there, nose only a couple of inches away. "Now has skin, bone, and muscle turned to stone or is the arm encased in stone?"

Last edited by alfabrena on Sat May 11, 2013 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

510The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Sat May 11, 2013 3:26 pm

Andre The Fox

Andre The Fox

"It is entirely made of stone. I can discard it and replace it with something more weapon-like if I choose. Unfortunately, I can't get rid of it where it makes contact with what is still flesh. Nor can I modify it." She gestured to where it was making it's way up her shoulder to her neck and partway down her chest.

511The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Sat May 11, 2013 6:45 pm

alfabrena

alfabrena
Admin

"interesting," Anaa muttered delicately manipulating her fingers. "Are your nerve endings intact? Are you able to feel?"

512The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Sat May 11, 2013 8:45 pm

Andre The Fox

Andre The Fox

"I feel nothing with my arm. Comes in pretty handy as a shield in most conflicts." A small smile crept onto her lips and she looked at Anaa, trying to discern her expression.

513The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Sat May 11, 2013 8:59 pm

alfabrena

alfabrena
Admin

"interesting..." Anaa muttered moving from the fingers up to where the stone merged with skin.
"Uhoh," Kara turned a smile on Arashi. "Looks like I got her started."

514The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Sat May 11, 2013 9:58 pm

Andre The Fox

Andre The Fox

Crystal's cheeks turned pink as Anaa touched the merging point. "I can still feel there. It's dull, but I can still feel it.
"She's a curious one, isn't she?" Andre poked fun at Anaa, looking up at Kara to indicate his response was to her.

515The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Sat May 11, 2013 10:09 pm

alfabrena

alfabrena
Admin

"is that so?" Anaa questioned glancing up at her. "And you have full controled movement of it?"
"yes she is just as she herself is a curiosity," Kara said.
"You two do realize I can hear you right?"
"Oops!" Kara feigned shock, putting hand to muzzle in classic 'oops' fashion giving Arashi a grin and a wink.

516The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Sun May 12, 2013 12:18 am

Andre The Fox

Andre The Fox

"I have full control of it. Throughout the change, the only difference there has ever been is getting used to the new weight. I've never noticed any differences in my ability to move it though."

517The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Sun May 12, 2013 12:51 am

alfabrena

alfabrena
Admin

Anaa nodded. "Where does the feeling stop?"
"Come on Anaa enough. Curiosity killed the cat and all that come on lets go!"

518The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Sun May 12, 2013 1:10 am

Andre The Fox

Andre The Fox

"She's fine, Kara. Ironically, I'm fascinated by the fact she's fascinated." She raised her good arm up to tap along her neck and shoulder. She stopped with her claw on the point where her shoulder socked would be. "Right here is where it ends. It get's progressively duller up to this point."

519The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Sun May 12, 2013 1:17 am

alfabrena

alfabrena
Admin

"Hmm," Anaa began to fully examin the arm, tapping up and down it and listening to the created sound.
Kara sighed and looked up at Arashi with an amused expression. "looks like we're going to be stuck here for a while."

520The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Sun May 12, 2013 1:25 am

Andre The Fox

Andre The Fox

Andre simply shrugged and looked at Anaa and his sister with an amused grin. "Best she get it out of her system now. There's no real biological explanation for it. It's purely the product of the elements. The very magical essence of our world shaping her body as she shapes it's own."

521The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Sun May 12, 2013 9:49 am

alfabrena

alfabrena
Admin

"Well that outa throw her for loop," Kara grinned. "Anna doesn't set much in store in the magical. She's a very scientific mind." She frowned slightly up at him. She wrapped a tail around his wrist and stood up on her toes to try to reach his ear. "You are heading my warning aren't you soldier boy?"

522The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Sun May 12, 2013 10:12 am

Andre The Fox

Andre The Fox

A frown replaced his grin almost instantly. "As much as it displeases me, I am. The bonds of battle are strong ones, and not easily ignored or cast aside... But I'm doing what I must."

523The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Sun May 12, 2013 11:02 am

alfabrena

alfabrena
Admin

Kara sighed in relief and nodded, "I know, but it is best for you both. Anaas emotions ... they just don't exist. she feels fear, anger and joy but only in short bursts. it never lasts and she doesn't remember how it felt later on." Kara looked up at him. "She can only ever be a friend. Not just because of her inability to feel love but also because of her being a healer. Some do take mates but it is frowned upon." Kara look to Anaa then stood on tip toe again to whisper, "ask her what her greatest fear is." she walked away, tail slowly unwinding from around his wrist, trailing it across his fur lightly.

524The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Mon May 13, 2013 5:45 pm

Andre The Fox

Andre The Fox

Andre looked after Kara as she walked off. 'Her greatest fear?' He questioned in his head. What relevance was that? He glanced over at Anaa and his sister just as she was slipping her arm back into her sleeve. It looked like Anaa was done. For now.

525The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Mon May 13, 2013 7:13 pm

alfabrena

alfabrena
Admin

Kara shivered and looked around stopping as a shiver ran down her spine. It felt like unfriendly eyes were staring at her...and she was right. "YAAaahhhhh!!!!!!" she shrieked as something came flying down from above and knocked her down. Before she could scramble up onto her feet and filthy mutt of a dog pinned her down and grinned down at her with greedy happiness.
"Hello gorgeous."
"Get off of me!" Kara kicked, squirmed and snapped at the mutt trying to get at least an arm free so she could get to her dagger.
"Kara!!" Anaa leaped forward to help her friend but another mutt appeared tackling her and pinning her to the ground as the rest of the dozen pack members circled the little group, one tackling Crystal.
"This lot will bring us a small fortune i do believe," said a pitbull looking leader, coming forward with arms crossed and a triumphant smile on his arrogant muzzle. "Hehe, gettem boys. But remember, no inappropriateness with the ladies."
The rest of the pack 'awwed' then attacked with howls.
"How sad," the one pinning Kara said with a pout, "you look like you could be a lot of fun."
Anaa was yowling and hissing as she fought her surprised attacker. The two were caught in a cat and dog fight both hissing and growling at one another as both fought to get at their weapons.
"Get of!" Kara barked before sinking her teeth into a to close arm.
The mutt howled. His eyes flared with anger. "You little bitch!"
It was Kara's turn to howl as the mutt produced a knife and stabbed her in the side.
Anaa had finally dispatched her attacker by knocking him unconscious with a nice thwack to the head by a conveniently placed rock. "Kara!" She leaped towards the artic she-fox again but was caught in a lock from behind. She yowled in anger as she kicked back and tried to head butt him. "Damn it! Kara! Lieutenant! Help Kara! Please!" With that and another angry hiss she went back to thrashing against her captor.

526The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Mon May 13, 2013 7:50 pm

Andre The Fox

Andre The Fox

"Well, aren't you a lovely piece of meat. Too bad the boss's orders are to behave." The mutt licked his chops as he hungrily eyed up Crystal.
"Awww, aren't you sweet. I'm sure we'd have a great time together." She flirted with him, batting her eyes and making herself look more vulnerable.
A grin crept across the mutt's muzzle.
"Too bad you're going to die." She said as she leaned up to his ear and whispered. His eyes widened as he made sense of what she just said, and not moments later a chunk of earth burst from the ground beside them and struck him in the side with such force, every rib broke as he was launched across the clearing. Her next target was the one holding Anaa. She raised her stone arm above her head and slammed it into the ground. The ground cracked in an accentric arc from where her arm was to under the attacker, and he was suddenly launched into the air. The pillar of earth that had done so then burst apart and the pieces assaulted his body as it fell to the ground. He was left barely alive with almost every bone in his body broken.
That same instant, Andre bounded across the clearing, his eyes and fists bursting with his psychic aura. Numerous bandits tried their best to get in his way, but he merely pushed them aside with his mind. When he reached Kara and her assailant, he swung a punch with all his might. The blow connected with his target's abdomen. The force shredded his intestines and sent him flying in a bloody heap away from Kara.

527The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Mon May 13, 2013 8:34 pm

alfabrena

alfabrena
Admin

Anaa spun around when her attacker vanished, pulling dagger from boot. She finished him off so he wouldnt have to suffer through his wounds to death then snapped her hand around to look at what had thrown the mutt. Her attention was caught by a large earthquake like crack in the ground and followed it to Crystal. She dipped her head quickly in thanks then looked around for anymore danger.
Kara yelped in surprise and fear as the mutt straddling her was sent flying. She rolled once, clutching the wound in her side, afraid a new, stronger attacker had come but relaxed when she saw Arashi. "Hehe my hero soldier boy," she panted, head falling back and eyes closed. She grimaced and whimpered, eyes clenching and teeth gritting. "A-ano-ther c-costume ru-ined," she panted in an attempt at humor. Blood pored from between her clenching fingers, staining her white fur and costume to pool on the ground. Her face contorted in another whimper as she bit her lip in an attempt to keep quiet which only resulted in her lip being punctured and adding to the bleeding and pain. Kara was no stranger to fighting, she was used to it, being a dancer meant bringing attention to yourself and not all of it good. She wasn't afraid to defend herself but she had always done her best to keep herself from being injured, one because who wanted to see a bruised, cut dancer and two she had a low pain tolerance level.....A little less then half of Anaa's tolerance level.

528The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Mon May 13, 2013 9:48 pm

Andre The Fox

Andre The Fox

As the four finally managed to regroup with one another, the remaining bandits closed in around them, brandishing their weapons. Andre and Crystal positioned themselves each on either side of Kara and Anaa while Anaa tended to Kara's wound.
"Hang in there Kara." Andre whispered. He couldn't help but glance back at Crystal as he felt an insane energy spike coming from her.
The runes on her arm glowed brightly as she held it out in front of her. Her eyes were closed, and her real arm was raised, grasping the elbow of her stone arm. Her hair flowed in the invisible waves of energy, as did the loose parts of her clothing. The ground around them began to rumble, causing the bandits to halt their advance. They began to look around, confused at what was going on. Their leader pointed Crystal out and barked out an order for them to stop whatever it was she was about to do.
But the rumbling of the ground got worse and worse, and they could not move without losing their balance. They could barely stay standing. Crystal's body began to tremble from the exerted effort. With a scream, she opened her eyes, and the ground for yards around the four erupted into the air. The chunks of earth and the bandits floated a few feet off the ground. They were suspended in what seemed like a zone where gravity had no effect on them. It would be a partially correct theory.
The bandits cried out and cursed at her. "What are you doing, witch?!"
Crystal panted a little, and looked around. "Begone with you!" She cried out, and she flung her arms to the side. With a mind numbing blast of energy, the bandits and the earth debris were launched through the air for yards.

Andre stood there and looked around, absolutely dumbstruck.

529The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Mon May 13, 2013 10:10 pm

alfabrena

alfabrena
Admin

Anaa hissed in annoyance as dust and debris fell, covering the wound in an attempt to keep it clean. After the air had cleared she flipped the bottom part of Kara's shirt up to expose the wound that lay between the third and forth ribs. She dug threw her bag and yanked out her healer's case, slamming it down on the ground with a clang and throwing the lid open. "The thing went between the ribs but didnt puncture a lung," she muttered to herself as she frantically pored cleaning solution onto a gauze. "Why is it bleeding so much?"
As Anaa pressed the gauze to the wound Kara jerked away yelping like a pup running from terror or injury.
"Hold still Kara!"
Kara shrieked.
Anaa's eyes went wide. "No!" she gasped before throwing the gauze into the cases lid and gently pulled the wound apart. Through the blood she saw the reason. "Shit!!" She pun around and dug through the case pulling tweezers, fistfuls of gauze, needle and jars out and filling the syringe from a clear liquid in a vile. "Hold her down you two! Crystal her arms at the shoulders. Lieutenant her legs just above the knee."
"Anaa?" Kara yelped.
"The dagger broke. Nearly half of it is still in the wound. Got to get it out as quickly as possible. Dont know if its poisoned but its most certainly not sanitary. Why is there so much blood!" Anaa pressed a gauze pad down hard on the wound making Kara arch her back in a blood curdling shriek and thrash.

530The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Thu May 16, 2013 2:39 am

Andre The Fox

Andre The Fox

"Got it!" They both responded, and quickly moved to their appropriate positions to keep Kara held down. Their immense strength made it effortless.
Andre looked down at Kara, and did his best to make and maintain eye contact with her. "Kara, look at me. You'll be all right, just keep your eyes on me." He was used to the 'injured warrior' speech. He gave it to his men all the time. But this one felt more... Personal. He actually felt a tug in his gut signifying that he was worried about whether or not she would actually be okay.
While everyone was distracted with Kara, it gave the bandits more than enough time to recover, regroup, and attack again. But, nobody saw it coming.
As Crystal sat there holding Kara's legs, a sudden sharp pain pierced her body. With a horrified expression, she looked down to see a blood soaked blade protruding from her chest. The taste of blood filled her mouth, and the warm liquid soaked her chest and chin. As the blade was removed from her, she literally felt her breath escape her.
As her adrenaline hit, she whirled around to face her attacker, and at the same moment, she slammed her stone arm into his chest. He was launched through the air, and she leaped after him. Not two seconds before his body hit the ground, she was on him, and dealt a crushing blow to his chest. She heard a yell from behind her, and she spun around just in time to block a swing from a sword. She quickly dispatched the wielder, then she dropped down to her knees and began to cough blood onto the ground.
Andre, only realizing what had happened after hearing the loud crash of her landing, looked up to notice a decent pool of blood where Crystal had been. He scanned the area for her, and when he saw her kneeling and coughing, he got up to run to her.
"Crysta-!"
His call to her was interrupted as two arrows struck him in the back. The pain was unbearable. His vision went black, and the last thing he would remember of that moment was the cold ground on his face.

531The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Thu May 16, 2013 3:13 am

alfabrena

alfabrena
Admin

"No problem," Kara growled as she locked eyes with Arashi but a moment later her head was thrown back and her back arched, eyes closed as she screamed.
"Damn it!" Anaa spat. She had given Kara the numbing agent but... "Hey! I said hold her!!" Anaa looked up to glower at the siblings only to see no one. "What the-" she froze when she saw Crystal colapsing a ways away and the lieutenant flat on his face between them. Anaa hissed in furry. She could handle people hurting her but when people she saw as friends were dropping around her; that was a line better not crossed. Anaa snapped. With a roaring battle cry she threw off her cloak, leaped up, and drew her sword.
The bandits didnt know what hit them.
Anaa slid to a stop, dust flying from her feet, flashing eyes searching for another enemy to slice in half. All was silent save the panting of Kara and the wheezing of Crystal. Anaa dropped her blood soaked sword and sprinted to Chrystal. "Hold still hold still dont move." She slowly turned her over onto her back. "Hold on now Crystal." Anaa was beside herself. She gave Chrystal a numbing agent, ran to the lieutenant to check on him; the nerves in his back had been tweaked but otherwise he was just unconcious, ran to Kara whom she stuffed a wad of gauze into her mouth and dug the broken piece out of before padding and wrapping her ribs tightly in record time before sprinting back to Crystal.

532The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Thu May 16, 2013 3:33 am

Andre The Fox

Andre The Fox

Crystal lay there, staring blankly at the sky. She did her best to breath, but it was painful, and difficult. Things were getting blurry. Her fur was soaked with crimson. It was warm, but she was feeling so cold. She smiled as she saw Anaa come back into view. "Anaa..." She gasped, reaching up to her. "Andre... I... I saw him go down... Is he...?" She whimpered, her eyes pleading to Anaa. When Anaa shook her head and she read 'He's just unconscious' from her lips, she breathed a painful sigh of relief let everything fade away into darkness.

533The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Thu May 16, 2013 4:30 pm

alfabrena

alfabrena
Admin

Anaa scrambled. she didn't have the proper equipment for this. they needed to get Crystal somewhere with the proper equipment and steralization. unfortunately that was not an option at the moment. Anaa sterized everything as best she could then set to work.
Kara moaned and Anaa glanced over to see her trying to get up.
"stay down Kara."
Kara collapsed with a huff. "no problem."

534The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Thu May 16, 2013 9:38 pm

Andre The Fox

Andre The Fox

"Dad... Dad? Dad!"
Andre's head rolled lazily his shoulders as he began to regain consciousness.
"Dad? Are you awake?"
With a groan, Andre slowly began to open his eyes. The not so familiar face of his son, Hyero, was the first thing to come to his vision. He had Andre's eyes. One black, one red. Mid length shaggy hair covered his head.
"H... Hyero?" Andre groaned as he raised a hand to place it on his forehead. His head was pounding like a drum.
"Yeah. It's me, dad. Are you alright?"
"I... I dunno, you tell me. Where am I? What happened?"
"You and three others came into the hospital earlier this morning. I watched the guards help haul you guys inside. One of you was in REALLY bad shape."
Andre's heart practically jumped from his chest and he sat upright in bed. He was quickly laid back down as a strong throb in his skull knocked him back down.
"Ffffuck... Crystal... That was your aunt Crystal... Where is she?"
"She's in the emergency room. Doctors said it's a long shot for her to make it..."
Andre's heart sank.
"... Are they letting Anaa in? She'll be able to save her..."
"I... I don't know."

535The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Thu May 16, 2013 10:11 pm

alfabrena

alfabrena
Admin

Anaa had patched Crystal up as much as she could to keep her from bleeding out out in the hills then had sprinted to the village and ordered a few guards to help carry wounded to the hospital yowling at them when they didnt move fast enough. Now she was bent over Crystal in the hospitals emergency room, working furiously and allowing no one else to come near her.
"Healer Anaa-"
Anaa silenced the doctor with a hiss. "Apprentice. I am an apprentice not a healer yet and i will NOT allow you to put a single foul unnatural thing in this patient!" Anaa knew the doctors could likely heal her faster with their high tech contraptions but she was a healer and it was just not right to use such things on a person. She also knew that the lieutenant wouldnt be alive if it werent for the technology used to heal him but the thought of such an atrocity used on the natural body was...just not right. "Tell the lieutenant that his sister is going to make it."
"How can we give him such hope? Itll be a miracle if she pulls through."
"Well then gentlemen," Anaa stepped back with a heavy, tired sigh, "look upon a miracle."
Anaa had worked for 10 straight hours on Chrystal and was exhausted. She staggered over to a corner and slid down to the floor as curious doctors crowded around the operating table, muttering.

"That you soldier boy?" Kara looked curiously over at the bed beside her awakening from a nap. "'Bout time you woke up i was getting bored." Very slowly and with much grimacing she sat up, holding her side and swinging her legs over the beds side. "Hm?" she caught sight of a young fox standing on the other side of Arashis bed and twitched her ears before smiling. "And whos this cutey?"

536The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Fri May 17, 2013 1:20 am

Andre The Fox

Andre The Fox

"Yeah, it's me..." Andre grunted in response. He took a few deep breaths and then let out a huge sigh. "Bloody arrows must have hit me in the ribs. The least those eggheads coulda done is not simulate the nerves with these new ones..."
Hyero gave his father a questioning glance, but then looked over to the lovely white vixen on the bed opposite of them. His cheeks flushed a bit, and he looked away.
"This is my son, Kara. The one we came out here to see. Hyero, say hello to Kara. Kara, Hyero."
Hyero's only response was a light flight of his tail in her direction.
~
Once the doctors confirmed that Crystal's condition was stable, they each gave thanks to Anaa for her hard work. They moved Crystal to a secured portion of the hospital for monitoring after Anaa forced them to swear they would not administer any medications without her approval, which they were not likely to get.

537The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Fri May 17, 2013 11:34 am

alfabrena

alfabrena
Admin

"Awwww he's blushing!" Kara said laughing. "Its very nice to meet you Hyero," she said with a big smile at him. She leaned forward with a teasing gleam in her eyes and said in a stage whisper, "You know your even cuter when you blush." She winked at him and giggled. With a tight grimace she started to stand.
"Sit Kara."
Kara plopped back down with an alarmed expression before looking around curiously. "Anaa! Where have you been?"
Anaa slumped onto the bed beside the vixen before falling back onto her back. "I've been operating on Crystal for the last 10 hours. Shes stable lieutenant and no you cant go see her. itll be a while till shes awake and your in no condition to be moving about either."
"Explains why you look terrible. Need to borrow the bed?"
"And where would you go?"
"Id just crawl in beside the lieutenant and keep him company," Kara said with a teasing wink at Arashi. "Speaking of company, Arashi has quite the little looker visiting him," her grin turned wolfish.
"What are you babbling about now Kara?" Anaa groaned as she pulled herself up. She made a surprised sound when she saw the stranger. "Oh. Hello."

538The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Sat May 18, 2013 11:19 pm

Andre The Fox

Andre The Fox

Hyero gulped and glanced over at Kara once, then he turned in his chair and proceeded to stare out the window as if he didn't even notice her. His tail thrashed about behind him and his cheeks were hot red under his lightly colored fur.
"Be easy with him, Kara. He's quite shy." Andre said and he prodded his son with one of his tails. Hyero cast a threatening glare at his dad, then looked back out the window. Andre couldn't help but smile, then he looked over at Kara. "I might take you up on your offer for some company though."

539The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Sat May 18, 2013 11:49 pm

alfabrena

alfabrena
Admin

Kara giggled.
Anaa rolled her eyes and stood stiffly, covering a huge yawn with a hand. "If you need me ill be asleep so dont need me. Sit Kara," Anaa said threateningly, pointing an aqusing finger and the artic fox as she tried to get up again.
Kara sat back down with a light pout, crossing her arms and looking away. She stuck her tongue out at Anaa's back as she walked away.
"Well i am one for dramatic entrances but this might be a little to dramatic of one even for me." Kara moved so she was sitting at an angle, looking at Arashi and son. Her eyes softened, "Glad your sisters going to be all right. I heard some of the nurses talking about her wound and from the sounds of it its a miracle she survived."

540The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Sun May 19, 2013 11:12 am

Andre The Fox

Andre The Fox

Andre gave a solemn nod. "Yeah. I took a look at it with my vision when I was running to her just before the arrows hit me. The blade clipped an artery and barely missed her heart and punctured her lung. It was bad..." He shook his head. "For all our immortality, we have naught invulnerability."

541The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Sun May 19, 2013 1:26 pm

alfabrena

alfabrena
Admin

Kara nodded, "no ones invincible. that's why us gypsy's do what we do. we know at any given moment us or those around us could lose their flame. so we do what we can to make people happy, to make them smile."

542The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Sun May 19, 2013 11:25 pm

Andre The Fox

Andre The Fox

"And you do an exceptional job of that, Kara. I find it almost impossible to feel any negative emotions near you, even in light of almost losing my sister after having found her after 1500 years." His expression became somewhat solemn after the final part of his sentence.
Hyero then looked over to him and poked his ribs with a sharp claw. Andre winced and looked over at his son with a questioning raise of his eyebrow.
Hyero was quiet for a moment before he spoke. "So, what ever happened between you and aunt Crystal anyways? Why did she run away?"
Andre laid his head back in his pillow and stared up at the ceiling. He was quiet for a while before he finally spoke. There was obvious pain in his voice. "Same reason that Leena, Ruby, and Chase left... I failed, and she resented me for it."
Hyero's ears set back against his head and he reached for his father's hand. "Her arm?"
Andre nodded.

543The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Mon May 20, 2013 12:28 am

alfabrena

alfabrena
Admin

Kara's ears pinned and her two tails flagged. She hated seeing people unhappy. She liked smiles and laughter, drinks, songs and hugs. A moment not smiling was a moment lost forever and people had so few moments what with the war and illnesses. People needed to go through life with a smile for any moment could be their last.
"Now now soldier boy none of that," Kara pouted with an uncomfortably sad look eyes looking down and away. "Didnt i just say it was a gypsys duty to keep the people happy?" She looked at the two with a cocked head and pricked ears. "I cannot dance but i can sing, not as good as dance but," she smiled, "well enough to sooth an ear. Would you like to hear a song?"

544The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Mon May 20, 2013 3:09 pm

Andre The Fox

Andre The Fox

Andre allowed himself a grin and he looked over at Kara. "I think that would be a nice treat. I'm sure your voice is lovely." Hyero also cast her a smile.

545The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Mon May 20, 2013 8:46 pm

alfabrena

alfabrena
Admin

Kara smiled and looked out a window as she began to sing a cute little song that had always made her smile when she was younger and still did today. It was a boucy little song that spoke of a coyote trying to get a drink of water at a pond but kept being bothered by a chickadee bird. At the end of the song Kara giggled and looked to the two, "That song always cheers me up."

546The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Tue May 21, 2013 10:25 pm

Andre The Fox

Andre The Fox

Hyero and Andre both watched Kara as she sang. She looked so elegant as she did so, and the song felt like a gentle stream washing through their heads. All worries forgotten for those few short minutes. Andre couldn't help but allow himself a wide toothy grin. "That was beautiful, Kara."

547The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Tue May 21, 2013 10:33 pm

alfabrena

alfabrena
Admin

Kara giggled, her smile closing her eyes, head tilted. "Thank you very much I'm glad you liked it." she looked to Hyero, eyes soft and sparkling half closed. "and what about you Hyero? is there a smile in your heart now?"

548The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Tue May 21, 2013 10:35 pm

Andre The Fox

Andre The Fox

Hyero's ears laid back against his head, his flesh turned red under his light fur once more, and he looked out the window again. Andre couldn't help but laugh at him.

549The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Tue May 21, 2013 10:48 pm

alfabrena

alfabrena
Admin

"aww you weren't kidding soldier boy he really is shy," Kramer giggled lightly. "hmm," she tapped her chin, "good thing I didn't sing a more scandalous one..." she giggled again.
with much groaning and whimpering she laid Baker down. "sheesh. you get shot in the back and knocked out, Chrystal is stabbed through the chest and here I am down for the count with a little dagger to the rib. She hugged. I feel like such a wimp.

550The Neverending War (modern war) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Neverending War (modern war) Tue May 21, 2013 10:54 pm

Andre The Fox

Andre The Fox

"A dagger in the ribs is something more to be worried about than an arrow in the back. I would have been fine if it didn't hit the bone. Well, not bone anymore, but you know what I mean. It was far more painful than if it would have gone clean through, and it overloaded my nerves and caused me to black out. I feel like a wimp." He stuck his tongue out at her.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum